supercharged 04 gt

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
So my buddy just vortech'd his 04 GT. The vortech he got is the base kit I guess, that you can bolt onto the stock engine, and his only mods are 3.73's, LTs, x pipe, and slp lm1's. Mine you can read in my cardomain in my sig.

How badly will I get my ass handed to me?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
yeah base kit he will probably be under 400.. time for a power adder or your going to get smoked..

jlg32281

Established Member
He's going to pull you pretty bad for about one month, unless he built the bottom end. If he is running the stock bottom end, then he's going to blow it soon because it's way too fun to bounce it off of the rev limiter with a SC and a stock GT bottom end cannot handle that type of abuse. So tell him you'll race him in six months, and surely you will beat a car that has it's engine on an engine stand. That's my opinion.

Why do so many people build their cars backwards, it's an amazing phenomena!

FunkyBoss

Established Member
Many guys have supercharged stock bottom-end GT's and ran them for quite some time with no problems. Hell, I'm one of them!

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
He's going to pull you pretty bad for about one month, unless he built the bottom end. If he is running the stock bottom end, then he's going to blow it soon because it's way too fun to bounce it off of the rev limiter with a SC and a stock GT bottom end cannot handle that type of abuse. So tell him you'll race him in six months, and surely you will beat a car that has it's engine on an engine stand. That's my opinion.

I told him the same thing. He doest know a ton about cars, and just wanted the charger without replacing the block or anything. I am pretty sure he had some forged internals installed though.

Thanks for the input all, I kinda figured that would be the case.

Also, I want to install a single turbo for a power-adder (mainly because kenne bell does not make a 2.4L for our cars :( ) but that is a large scale project and a lot of time/money that I dont have right now unfortunately. Plus I'd have to get a new block, which I'm really not looking forward to doing. :cryying:

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
I had a bolt on 98 cobra and my best friend drives a sc 03 GT. He will pull you pretty hard. You might have him off the line with the gears but once he gets traction its prob gonna be bye bye.

Oh and if he has the car tuned right his motor prob wont blow up. My friend is running 11 psi on hs stock shortblock has been for well over a year no problems. And Im running a vortech now on my stock bottom end.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member

You sound like an old fart.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
he will put about 3 lengths or more on you, your gears are too low, 3.73 arn't gonna be nearly close enough, whats your compression, stock still since it was bored?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
assuming yur both equally good driver's, he's gonna take the win by 3-4 cars in a 0-110mph race, tell him to not exceed 6250-6500 rpms and he should'nt have a problem with the engine lasting, but if he had the rev limiter removed when it was tuned and goes to 7k alot, bye bye hyper u tonic pistons and castings... you could beat him if you put a 75-100shot on yur car though, he's not that far ahead of you hp wise. and the gear comment is right, but remember, 2v's make power to 5200 rpms, maybe 5500 if its got a few good intake and exhaust mods, yur gears are pretty good for yur set up.

Last edited:

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
I think its a hit or miss. Some GT's run very well with the vortech, and others not so much. My buddy has the quiet vortech with normal pulley and just bolt ons and tune and put down 404. Another guy I know has the same blower on a 03 gt with bolt ons and tune and only put down 345. The 404whp gt runs 12.4 at 118 on street tires, not bad at all!! The other one (345whp) runs 12.5 at 114 on dr's

97gt-svt

Established Member
One of my best friends has an 02 gt with a vortec intercooled setup running 10lbs of boost and the car has 40,000mi on it and 15,000mi with the blower on it no problems except a blown trans??

FunkyBoss

Established Member
I think its a hit or miss. Some GT's run very well with the vortech, and others not so much. My buddy has the quiet vortech with normal pulley and just bolt ons and tune and put down 404. Another guy I know has the same blower on a 03 gt with bolt ons and tune and only put down 345. The 404whp gt runs 12.4 at 118 on street tires, not bad at all!! The other one (345whp) runs 12.5 at 114 on dr's

I don't think it's hit or miss with the cars, more likely the tunes/tuners.

crazycarlo

Established Member
345 hp to the wheels for a blown car sounds like he is just running the box bloweter tune from whoever he got the tune from. My 98 laid down 330 rwhp with the can supercharger tune but once it was dynotuned it put down 380 at 6 psi and the tuner said there was more in it.

Users who are viewing this thread