Supercharged 00-04 GT's

GunmetalGT

Established Member
I am thinking about going ahead and doing it, im gonna supercharge the GT, but i was wondering which supercharger i should go with right now i am really looking at Procharger, Vortech, and Kenne Bell, i am leaning more towards the KB, anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
The kenne bell will make the most power with the mods you have. It really depends on how much power you want, where you want your powerband to be and how much you want to spend.

dalamar_96

Established Member
4.6Rocket is correct.

Here's my view on it, hope it's helpfull - I've looked into most of them.

Vortech - decent HP gain, more affordable than other brands, excellent cust service.
Procharger - better HP gain, more money, shitty cust service (if you have problems)
Kenne Belle, best for street, more money, questionable customer service.

The Tune is very important!
I Highly suggest you find a very experienced tuner.

Any blower is an improvement. the more boost / HP you want, the more the blower
will cost, and the more associated parts you'll have to buy.

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
exactly, with a root blower, you are going to need to get more parts to get the most out of it,

remember a gt block max hp is 400...

so either way u want past that safetly, then u are going to need more things..sadly

Darkman

Rolling Thunder
Established Member
you can run up to 600hp on a stock GT block. There are 3 keys to helping it live at those levels. Anderson Motor Sports PMS, methanol injection and a good intercooler helped mine live for a long time. They aren't that expensive when compared to buying a new shortblock.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Darkman said:
you can run up to 600hp on a stock GT block. There are 3 keys to helping it live at those levels. Anderson Motor Sports PMS, methanol injection and a good intercooler helped mine live for a long time. They aren't that expensive when compared to buying a new shortblock.

600HP on a built motor.. not stock .. 420 -450 at most..

Users who are viewing this thread