Super Snake Wheels

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
The Venice wheels were supposed to have a unique Signature Edition center cap but in true Shelby form they decided against it and instead put the Shelby Snake as the center cap. The wheels themselves just say Shelby American and Forged. There is not any Super Snake designation. I really like them but I do wish it had something unique to identify them.

What year is your car? I thought the Venice was available on 2015+.

Tom

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
You got a killer deal on those rims at $2,900 with MPSS tires. They are 9" front and 11" rear. They came on SS from SAI and they sold probably 30-40 silver sets and 20 black on ebay back about 2016-17. Most went for about $2,500 but I remember a few sets under $2,000. They were refurbished by Modulare and they appeared to be new. They were take-offs from people that had done the SS upgrade and later sent their vehicle back for a wide-body upgrade. If you run them on a 13-14 with Brembo 6 piston calipers you need a 3mm spacer or they will rub. They are rare!
DSCN7770.JPG

OaktownACE

Established Member
What year is your car? I thought the Venice was available on 2015+.

Tom
My car is a 2014. They sort of launched the Venice wheels with the Signature Super Snake which is a 50 car run made up of cars from 07-14. Mine are polished. I liked the look with the grey metallic body of my car.

Here's a link that shows what the center caps were supposed to look like before Shelby did the old switcheroo:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/shelby-gt500-signature-edition-super-snake-limited-to-50-examples/

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
To the OP, I was going to add these pictures a couple of days ago, but I had to find them. If your Modulare 3pc. wheels do not come with lug nuts and you are planning on using your existing lug nuts, you may run into something unexpected............The lug nut holes on these wheels are not the same depth, so if you use oem lug nuts, some will be wayyyy down inside the hole and the others will be more normal looking.

Below is the difference front and rear.........Fronts use long, rears use short..

20190228-162123.jpg

^^^^To get the right look, it will require longer lug nuts and shorter lug nuts to have the right depth as shown below....

20190227-163002.jpg

If lug nuts do not come with your wheel, let me know and I will dig out my research info. on what I have shown in the pictures above.

R

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
My car is a 2014. They sort of launched the Venice wheels with the Signature Super Snake which is a 50 car run made up of cars from 07-14. Mine are polished. I liked the look with the grey metallic body of my car.

Here's a link that shows what the center caps were supposed to look like before Shelby did the old switcheroo:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/shelby-gt500-signature-edition-super-snake-limited-to-50-examples/

I was not aware of a Signature Super Snake. Please elaborate on what was different or added to the traditional SS package other than this wheel.

Tom

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I was not aware of a Signature Super Snake. Please elaborate on what was different or added to the traditional SS package other than this wheel.

Tom
Nothing really crazy, just a bunch of special badges and they all had CS signed air bag covers and the wheels, very similar to the older 427 edition super snakes. Supposedly if you bought a signature edition Shelby American wouldn't do the wide body package, not sure how true that is.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Nothing really crazy, just a bunch of special badges and they all had CS signed air bag covers and the wheels, very similar to the older 427 edition super snakes. Supposedly if you bought a signature edition Shelby American wouldn't do the wide body package, not sure how true that is.

Yes, I remember the NASCAR 427 Package. The only "functional" pieces that were part of that package were the MM Shelby logo'ed CC plates, everything else was decals, floor mats, headrest covers, and emblems.

I was offered the NASCAR 427 Package via email from Shelby to add to my Super Snake, but I could not get past those gaudy looking NASCAR 427 wings that would replace the original "Shelby GT500" and "Super Snake" wings that were part of my original build. I ended up buying the Shelby logo'ed CC plates from Shelby Perf. Parts and called it a day.

...............also, by the time it was all said and done, I bought the Shelby Super Snake Interior Upgrade for my 2008, and those NASCAR 427 headrest covers would not have fit in at all with that nice interior upgrade.

R

nexxone_05

Accelerated Machines
Established Member
You got a killer deal on those rims at $2,900 with MPSS tires. They are 9" front and 11" rear. They came on SS from SAI and they sold probably 30-40 silver sets and 20 black on ebay back about 2016-17. Most went for about $2,500 but I remember a few sets under $2,000. They were refurbished by Modulare and they appeared to be new. They were take-offs from people that had done the SS upgrade and later sent their vehicle back for a wide-body upgrade. If you run them on a 13-14 with Brembo 6 piston calipers you need a 3mm spacer or they will rub. They are rare!View attachment 1617995

I put them on today. The fronts are barely clearing the stock brembos with out a spacer. When I was putting them on I thought they weren’t going to clear.

Last edited:

nexxone_05

Accelerated Machines
Established Member
To the OP, I was going to add these pictures a couple of days ago, but I had to find them. If your Modulare 3pc. wheels do not come with lug nuts and you are planning on using your existing lug nuts, you may run into something unexpected............The lug nut holes on these wheels are not the same depth, so if you use oem lug nuts, some will be wayyyy down inside the hole and the others will be more normal looking.

Below is the difference front and rear.........Fronts use long, rears use short..

View attachment 1618381

^^^^To get the right look, it will require longer lug nuts and shorter lug nuts to have the right depth as shown below....

.View attachment 1618382

If lug nuts do not come with your wheel, let me know and I will dig out my research info. on what I have shown in the pictures above.

R

Wish I would’ve read this sooner. I used this set from Amazon.

StanceMagic 20pcs Chrome 1/2x20 Bulge Closed End Lug Nuts - Cone Taper Acorn Seat - 1.4 inch Length, 3/4" 19mm Hex - fits Jeep Wrangler TJ JK Cherokee XJ Wrangler Liberty Rubicon CJ5 CJ7 ZJ WJ WK

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I put them on today. The fronts are BARELY clearing the stock brembos with out a spacer. When I was putting them on I thought they weren’t going to clear.

The Baer caliper to wheel fitment info. that I have recommends a minimum of .100" between caliper and the rear side of the wheel when checked at all points on the front of the caliper.

I ended up buying Gorilla brand lug nuts for these wheels, I believe they were 1.40 and 1.90.......but for now those wheels do not fit my rear Baer Extremes, so I am contemplating selling them........or possibly (but most likely not), going with the smaller Wilwoods. <<<Realistically I have too much invested in the Baer's to bail out on them now, plus they are correct for my era Super Snake build.

R

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I put them on today. The fronts are barely clearing the stock brembos with out a spacer. When I was putting them on I thought they weren’t going to clear.

Pull the front rims and look at the back side. I am expecting you will have the slightest rub from the caliper. One side rubbed on mine ever so slightly. The other only touched the back of one spoke.

The SS rims were part of the package which included Wilwood brakes which have more clearance. They weren't designed to clear our Brembos.

Tom

nexxone_05

Accelerated Machines
Established Member
Pull the front rims and look at the back side. I am expecting you will have the slightest rub from the caliper. One side rubbed on mine ever so slightly. The other only touched the back of one spoke.

The SS rims were part of the package which included Wilwood brakes which have more clearance. They weren't designed to clear our Brembos.

Tom

I will pull them and check.

Users who are viewing this thread