Super Snake Racing Stripes

HomelandPatriot

Established Member
Hey Guys.

I've got a 2013 GT Premium that came with the hood, roof and decklid super snake racing stripes. I have been trying to find someone to finish the remaining front and rear bumpers but from what I've discovered, finding a vinyl to match the stock Ford stripe is next to impossible. Ive been to several shops and everyone says that it will be next to impossible to color match the stripe.

The big difference seems to be there is a metallic shine to the Ford stripe that no one can seem to replicate.

I know I can peal off the existing stripe and start over with a new kit, but being that 85% of the work is already on the car from the factory, I'd like to avoid that if I can. The car came with part number DR3Z-6320000. It is listed as " Satin Black tape stripe" in the options on the window sticker.
DR3Z-6320000-BN

Question is, does anyone know where I can find the Ford stripe in raw form? You can buy the kit online from Ford, but its $570. I'm looking for a cheaper alternative and I figure if I can find the correct material and have a shop cut it, that will be a better option that starting completely over or buying another overhead stripe kit. Even if I do buy the whole kit it will have to be cut up to fit the front and rear sections correctly.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Not getting why you don't just start over? I mean yeah 85% of it is already on but you're already doing extra work trying to find someone to match it for you. I say just start over. I don't think those stripes add any value to your car so it's not a big deal if they're not original

Users who are viewing this thread