Super Charger Choices?

XR8XTC

Established Member
HP/TQ were its lacking in 96-98 Cobra and its a daily driver that goes to track once a year if that. Not after a Dyno Queen.

Last edited:

02DodgeRam

Banned
HP/TQ were its lacking in 96-98 Cobra and its a daily driver that goes to track once a year if that. Not after a Dyno Queen.

Kenne Bell or Whipple, which is not really a choice unless you want to dish out cash for C heads and some custom fab work... then I would tell you to go vortech or procharger for best bang for you buck, but if you want to push serious numbers you need a built bottom end..... but if you do that you might as well build yourself a single turbo kit for cheap and throw in some 4.10s with a t56 to make up for those gears... that's just me but as you can see you have many choices and will get many different answers....:beer:

Short answer... Get a procharger and some gears and build that T-45 so you can launch the sucker at your right RPM

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Kenne Bell makes a kit for the 96-98 cars (sans intercooler though). That is what I would suggest for your goals. It will provide the torque you're looking for, put you right at around 400rwhp and make for a fun street car.

03cobra5485

Established Member
i'm in the same boat as you, my motor is getting built and i'm looking to put something on there, kenne bell is pretty much the only roots style blower that bolts right on to our cars with out major mods, and i had a procharger P1-SC on my car and there was absolutely no room to work under the hood, did sound bad ass though...i'm thinking about just throwing a 150 shot and call it a day..let me know if you find any other roots style blowers other than kenne bell..whipple doesn't make them for our cars.

SVTContique

Kenne Bell makes a kit for the 96-98 cars (sans intercooler though). That is what I would suggest for your goals. It will provide the torque you're looking for, put you right at around 400rwhp and make for a fun street car.

No Bypass valve makes the KB a stupid idea, who wants to run full boost at all RPM's, and if you have 4.10 gears, driving on the highway anything over 80 is going to ruin your mileage.

If KB made a blower with an IAT port, a Bypass valve, and an Intercooler this wouldnt even be a question and i can gaurntee that almost everyone who has a blown SN 95 would have a KB.

But that isnt the truth, so ill say a D1SC or a P1SC procharger is the way to go, i just spent the last 3 days driving mine, 1 day was a 3 hour drive, the next was a full track day from 9-5 then another 3 hour driveback home, followed by a 7 hour drive to Kelowna and the car never had a single problem, it was awesome on the highway, its great for driving, and its not brutal to drive.

I love PD blowers, im not knocking them at all, i would much rather have a KB on my car than a Procharger but only if it was built right and had what was needed to run it well.

Plus you can get some smoking deals on blowers now, i paid 2600 for my kit P1SC, 3 core IC, SCT BA2800 MAF, 42 lb injectors. All it needed was some sanding and polishing and it looks brand new.

Ronias

Established Member
Last poster must be high. A kb doesent see full boost unless you floor it. it does not affect mpg at all unless your flooring your car at all times and in that case any blower turbo will kill mpg.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Procharger D1SC, 3 core intercooler, 4:10 gears, T56 trans with the big viper overdrive gear. From what I understand, this will solve the gear vs. gas milage issue. It's a pricey setup, I've got everything save the trans goin on my car.

Reason I chose the procharger was:

1. For the air to air intercooler, I heard vortech's air-water doesn't cool well in street driving situations and can be restrictive at higher hp levels(more than the stock internals can handle). I'm sure others will disagree, this advice came from my tuner, who has dealt with both on our cars many times.
2. The D1SC has stand alone oil system (no need to run oil lines to/from oil pan)
3. D1 vs P1, D1 has same housing as P1 but has a higher ceiling for psi/power 32psi/925hp (once the motor has forged internals of course)
4. 3 core intercooler (also has higher ceiling ~1050hp v. 550hp of their 2 core)

Last edited:

Toasty

Established Member
I'm honestly a bit fricking sick of your KB bashing.

Why not just STFU on KB and promote your procharger choice. You've never owned a KB system so how can you even talk to it? I hvent once bashed procharger and have zero reason to, yet I chose a KB for my own personal reasons. Yes it has shortcomings for sure, btu I am fully aware of them and still went my way. There is nothing 'wrong' with my choice, OK?

Stop acting like a know-it-all and contribute in a positive way about YOUR experiences with procharger.

No Bypass valve makes the KB a stupid idea, who wants to run full boost at all RPM's, and if you have 4.10 gears, driving on the highway anything over 80 is going to ruin your mileage.

If KB made a blower with an IAT port, a Bypass valve, and an Intercooler this wouldnt even be a question and i can gaurntee that almost everyone who has a blown SN 95 would have a KB.

But that isnt the truth, so ill say a D1SC or a P1SC procharger is the way to go, i just spent the last 3 days driving mine, 1 day was a 3 hour drive, the next was a full track day from 9-5 then another 3 hour driveback home, followed by a 7 hour drive to Kelowna and the car never had a single problem, it was awesome on the highway, its great for driving, and its not brutal to drive.

I love PD blowers, im not knocking them at all, i would much rather have a KB on my car than a Procharger but only if it was built right and had what was needed to run it well.

Plus you can get some smoking deals on blowers now, i paid 2600 for my kit P1SC, 3 core IC, SCT BA2800 MAF, 42 lb injectors. All it needed was some sanding and polishing and it looks brand new.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I got my old procharger setup for 2100 shipped.. The deals are out there..

I like procharger, because its intercooled. If I was on a stock motor I would do a KB though.

Users who are viewing this thread