Supension Bottom Out

96svtdriver

Established Member
Since I've had to the Hampton area in VA I've noticed a huge difference in how my car rides since I've done the suspension mods in my signature below. My issue is the fact that I bottom out on these roads at even low speeds and the overall quality oft he roads around here are complete garbage, especially compared to Florida's. So I was wondering, short of going back to stock ride and height, what can I do to help prevent this bottom out up front?:nonono:

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Poly spring isolators will help bring the nose up a bit and then if you installed the x2's without the spacers you can put those spacers in to bring it up a bit more. I went through the same thing with the x2 spacers, with them out I scraped and bottomed once per week but now with them in it brought the nose up just enough that I'm only barely scraping once every few months if that.

96svtdriver

Established Member
Drive more carefully.

You can't drive anywhere carefully here. It simply doesn't happen short of not driving at all.

Yeah I didn't have the spacers on mine when I had the parts installed. I'm not entirely sure what happened to the spacers. I lose stuff everytime I have to move around.

As far as shocks/struts go, I thought the gas non-adjusts I have were enough, but I really don't want to swap those out for stiffer and ride quality suffer even more.

The spring isos sound like a good addition. What's the cost of those look like and what are the better brands?

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member

luke87gt

Established Member
FMS C-springs and OEM Bullitt/Mach1 Tokicos are not a good combo.

Those springs offer a low ride height, relatively low spring rate, and the 94-04 OEM dampers don't have the bump travel you want for a lowered car.

You can do any one or combination of the following:

1.) Get a stiffer spring
2.) Raise the car
3.) Get a stiffer strut/shock combo with more bump travel

Users who are viewing this thread