• Yes it does.

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • No its doesn't

Votes: 28 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kevins89notch

Established Member
From pictures I've seen, I wouldn't exactly want a factory sunroof. Granted my 93 calypso LX has one, and I LOVED it, but I've seen the rust problems that can happen. From what I'm told, ford didn't put any sort of anti-rust stuff down, they simply cut the hole, and dropped in the sunroof. I local friend's sisters LX has some rust forming around the trim. THey attempted to fix it properly, but it came back. They then literally cut the roof off, and looked at the underside of the roof, and rust was all around the sunroof at least a couple inches deep. For a collector car, I would rather not have to deal with that possibility.

SVT1993

Established Member
Big Ben said:
Mine has a dealer installed electric sunroof, I absolutely love it!

Ben,

I really love sunroofs as well. I'm putting an electric sunroof in my SVO as we speak. Does your sunroof glass go to the outside of the car? I went to an ASC/McLaren shop to have the roof installed. They said that there is no sunroof manufacturer that makes a electric sunroof that is small enough to fit "inside" the car.

Sunroofs are great, but stopping, pulling them out, putting them in the bag, strapping them in, then doing the reverse when you stop somewhere just wasn't happening with my old stock moon roof car. A push of the button is a whole lot easier. Oh, and it comes with a sunshade.

My old Cobra #1060 was black, leather and HAD a sunroof.

hotrodcobra

Established Member
I originally ordered one without, but after seeing the car that I ordered at the local street races with a drunk sales manager abusing it before I was notified that it had arrived, I promptly got my deposit back and had to find one at another dealership. The one that I ordered was teal/black interior, no moonroof. The one that I ended up with had all available options including moonroof.

Users who are viewing this thread