sun dried leather?

Venom04

Established Member
04 Cobra seats got a little dry over the years (leather parts). They feel a little rough to the touch. Any good ideas or products to use to help restore this? Thanks!

Chewy

Established Member
I would stay away from conditioners all together. Regardless of whatever anyone tells you. Most people don't have any clue on how to properly treat and care for leather and just go off of what a product label suggests/markets.

Keep in mind that the side bolsters of 03/04 seats have a coated finish. That means that they have a clear urethane coating over the leather. That also means that you will be treating the coating and not the leather. The best thing to remember is to keep these sections clean and when wiping/cleaning them you don't smear dirt into the alcantara center sections. That's a whole nother mess to begin with.

I would 1st use Leather Master's Strong Cleaner with a soft bristled brush and gently clean the surface. I wouold then wipe this with a wet cotton towel to remove the residual dirt and chemical. This should make your finish look clean and hydrated. Then just follow the Leather Master's Protection Cream and you're set. Feel free to wipe the side bolsters with a damp cotton towel whenever you regularly wash your car. Again, keep this surface clean with mitigate further damage from abrasion and the soiled section.

Here's where you can pick these products up from: http://www.detailersdomain.com/Leather-Master_c_113.html
He's in Jersey which isn't that far from you. You should get your stuff pretty quick.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
I just treated my seats with Leatherique Rejuvinator Oil and Pristine Clean and it did a great job cleaning and softening the leather. Check out autogeek.com.

Users who are viewing this thread