sumped HELP!! (please)

crazedcntryboy

Established Member
Anybody go to start their truck and it wont ....than dashes show up on the odometer?? Also, driving along and your truck seems to stall out?? then dashes come up on the odometer instead of the numbers?? how can i fix it?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
This is becoming more frequent lately. Your is about the forth truck in a months time to do this. Check the relays for the PCM in the fuse box under the hood. Make sure they are working first.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
This happened to me a few years ago..... My battery and alt both took a shit on me. Not a bad job just sucked that i had everything i own in the bed of the truck, including my bed:banana:.

jnjnky

red 01
Established Member
When mine did this, it was a new chip. I could take it out and truck would run. Went with hand held. Rick thought chip wasn't making good contact. Hope this helps, Contact Rick at Amazon.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Is it tuned at all? Does it have a chip or a handheld? I'd be interested if you can communicate with the PCM with a handheld. If not I'd be checking the powers and grounds to the PCM first since the relays are working.

crazedcntryboy

Established Member

i have an old chip ....... the messed up thing is that it only really started doing this once it got cold out <below 50ish> ...... the truck will run too but you have to keep turning the key till the numbers come back up

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread