Summer Project 30x40 Garage

awful knawful

Established Member
Paid the house off in January and decided it was time for the 80+ year old garage to go and a new one to be put in it's place.
The old wooden floored 20x24.
IMG_1315_zpshbk3xelh.jpg

Gone. The area was all clay, so a big hole it was, down to good base. We only had enough forms to do half a pour at a time. Myself and a retired teacher/ local cement guy did the cement work. My ex boss/ friend did all the excavation/ removal of old building.
IMG_1944_zpsro24mdon.jpg
IMG_1946_zpst6y6b1z9.jpg

Yes I filled it all back in.....
IMG_1959_zps5gx7fvif.jpg
IMG_1966_zpsyiiku5k7.jpg

awful knawful

Established Member
Construction begins. Big thanks to my brother in law/ brains of the project and my nephew. It was just the three of us for 2 weeks of hard work.
IMG_1967_zpsq4p6uksk.jpg
IMG_1969_zpsc4tv94ea.jpg
IMG_2038_zpsdalijxqc.jpg
IMG_2044_zpsqsa0vgcl.jpg
IMG_2057_zpspmo8sjln.jpg
More to come as I slowly complete the project.

SirShaun

Established Member
Very nice. What kind of cost to pull something like that off? Excluding the removal of the old.

TClark22

Established Member
looks nice! But since you already had to dig that low, why not make a pit in one of the bays? Gone would be the days of jacking up the car for an oil change!

quad

Established Member
You guys have an ill 3 car garage but no dryer for your clothes?

My wife also dries stuff outside - even though we have a dryer. It is a great idea to still dry clothes outside and bigger comforters etc.

quad

Established Member
Construction begins. Big thanks to my brother in law/ brains of the project and my nephew. It was just the three of us for 2 weeks of hard work.

More to come as I slowly complete the project.

Looks good! I like the metal roof! Good luck with the rest.

awful knawful

Established Member
You guys have an ill 3 car garage but no dryer for your clothes?
Everyone here in Canada has a clothesline. Saves mucho $ vs using a dryer. Yes we have a dryer!

Actually my brother in law who helped me is from Wyoming, USA. Before he went back he picked up all he needed so he could install a clothesline for himself. He said they are not common there.

awful knawful

Established Member
I'm shooting for $25000 - $30000 this year. Without siding. Buddy down the road is building one, not quite as big, he's not doing a thing......$60000......

awful knawful

Established Member
Looks good! I like the metal roof! Good luck with the rest.
Metal roof was going on no matter what! Found a place near the American border that does really good deals. Was only about $500 more than asphalt shingled roof.

awful knawful

Established Member
You'll wish it was bigger.

Yes. But it's bigger than my house as it is now (26x30). Too big and it would have looked out of place. I have a 7'x12'x40' room upstairs for storage. Plus I have the 14x20 shed you see for my ATVs, sled, snowblowers, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread