Sumitomo 315s

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
I am planning to get a new set of 315/35/17 tires for the coming summer. I have had the Goodyear GS-D3 on for the last couple summers and they were great. But only lasted 16,000 miles (and I don't drive hard on them).
For cost reasons I am thinking about the Sumitomos (99 per tire vs. 285 per tire). Has anyone run these after having the GS-D3s? How do they compare grip wise and in the rain?
Thanks.

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
I have sumitomos 315/35/17 on 10.5's on my 98GT. I have terrible traction. There are some other contributing factors besides the tires but I think they are part of the problem. See if you can find the tread wear rating for that tire. I think they are designed more to last than grip. On the plus side they are the cheapest 315 out.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
There's another good thing about Sumitomo 315s other than being inexpensive... There's a good chance that you won't need to run wheel spacers any more. :-D

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
"traction sucks donky" does not sound good, maybe I should spring for the GS-D3s? The traction with the GS-D3s was not half bad, and was better than the stock F1s...

Users who are viewing this thread