Sullivan/HPP combo

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
Installed a Sullivan intake along with a HPP upper and LFP single blade throttle body. Heading to see Pete at Performance Dyno this week for a little "re-tune". First race for me this season is May 17th....can't wait to get back at it :banana:

TuXHk79.jpg

xLKiU8x.jpg

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Wonder if your TQ numbers will increase. It should definitely increase your powerband. Let us know the results, i might have to pick a set up like that.

DHG4410

Established Member
I stopped into to Performance Dyno meet Dave and see his dyno session with Pete yesterday and it was interesting. To see Pete work his magic on the car and the numbers he produced was amazing. Sure Dave will post results soon.

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
Nice meeting you Charlie :rockon: The day ended with the car making 673 RWHP.....a very nice gain over last years peak number (632) and the tune I was running (615). Not bad for a horsepower robbing C4 :banana:

hjLPki6.jpg

8ILl6lO.jpg

MGQ2cRZ.jpg

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
Nice numbers. What fuel? U have any plans for cams?

110....no plans to touch this motor inside for now.

Weekend Update....

I ran the car this past Saturday and noticed a big difference.....the wrong way. I was worried that I would lose a lot of TQ/HP below where I could not see it on the dyno and the track results proved it. At 3000 on the trans brake I barely moved the boost gauge....at 4000 I was at 5lbs....at 5000 I would see 10lbs. With the old combo The highest I could launch without roasting the tires was 3000-3500 which would land me mid 1.3's for 60's. At 4000 rpm this past weekend it would hook good but only get me mid to high 1.4's. The same with the rest of the numbers...330' was 4.06 compared to 3.90....1/8 was 6.23 @ 109 compared to 6.05 @ 114. I made 3 1/4 passed all at 9.7's @ 137, 138 and 140. Last year was pretty consistent 9.5's at 141-144. DA was the same so no changes there. So a long story short...the loss down low is painful with my combo. The peak HP number is great (673) but I'll take the 615 with the ported short runner for quicker times. So.........new short runner being built and old tune to be loaded. Next track time is June 21st.

Blackedout

Established Member
Thats crazzzy.... any chance something is going on with the trans ???

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well that's not reassuring as I just bought a Sullivan HPP combo for my T56 Magnum setup.. My setup is
JT-trim w/ highly modified Vortech after cooler
Built 10.1 motor/ Stg 3 fox lake heads/ mihovetz custom cams
T56 magnum
FAST EFI
3.73's
Spinning to 7500+rpm

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
Thats crazzzy.... any chance something is going on with the trans ???

No trans issue. It's just the power band with the Sillivan on this motor (combo). Before I made power/tq I'm guessing pretty much all the way through....till it started to fall off around 6300rpm. Now, I'd say I have a "useable" range of about 1000 rpm. 7000rpm plus I'm sure this would kick ass....but for my combo the short runner is much more efficient. May not the most peak HP but more HP/TQ where I'll be using it.

Well that's not reassuring as I just bought a Sullivan HPP combo for my T56 Magnum setup.. My setup is
JT-trim w/ highly modified Vortech after cooler
Built 10.1 motor/ Stg 3 fox lake heads/ mihovetz custom cams
T56 magnum
FAST EFI
3.73's
Spinning to 7500+rpm

My motor is stock besides a modded intake.....at 7500 you should be good.

Users who are viewing this thread