suggestions? wider rear tires

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
i want to put wider tires on the rear but not sure what size to choose!:??: i have 17x8 w/245/45/17's on the front, ---rear? don't want drag slicks just something a little beefier. just installed new bilstiens w/quad shocks so nothing too wide,car is not lowered,frpp black bullitts all around, i know i will need to buy new wheels for the rear!just trying to cover all the bases here. any help is really appreciated!:beer:

Last edited:

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
wouldn't call her a daily driver, more like fair weather driver(doesn't like rain or cloudy skies):-D could i actually get wider tires on my 17x8 rims? i don't know-

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I have 275/40's on my 17"x8" wheels and wound not go bigger with those wheels. They look fine and seem to be wearing evenly.

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
I had 275's on my old 98 GT (17x8) and they looked great.

I have 275's out back on my Cobra (17x9 Cobra R's), and I'm running a 20 mm wheel spacer and it looks PERFECT. I don't like the look of really big tires (anything 305 or over), so this gives me the wider look with out the wider tires.

Pale Roader

Stuck in Mopar Hell...
Established Member
We've got 18x10" DD black Bullits on the GT with 295 KDW2's and theres a TON ov room left to the outside yet. 315's would fit no problem from where i sit.

Users who are viewing this thread