Suggestions wanted: Clutch needed

BrianP

Established Member
So, at 117k miles, i feel its time to replace my clutch. and when i say i feel its time, i mean i can literally feel my clutch has gone to crap.

I was wondering what kinds of clutches you guys all have, and what would be a good, affordable, aftermarket clutch that offers great daily driveability but good life and able to handle an alright amount of power so if/when i mod this thing, i dont explode.

suggestions?

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Last edited:

BrianP

Established Member
that fidanza seems more cost friendly. But yeah, the car is stock, just need a replacement clutch, but figure, if i have to do it, why not upgrade as well?

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had clutches from Fidanza, Spec, Centerforce, FRPP...pretty much all the big names except Exedy. In all those years of owning mustangs, I had the longest runs out of the the Centerforce clutches. They held up the best and to me had the best pedal feel. I orginally had a Centerforce Dual Friction that lasted 38k miles. Then I went with the Fidanza and it took a crap at 13k miles. Then the Spec 3+, which lasted ~20k miles. Finally said screw it and put the DFX in and hadn't had a problem in almost 45k miles. Had the best pedal feel to me...and I beat the hell out of that car between the street & track. Everyone has their favs, but I just got the best results from the Centerforce. I did splooge on a billet flywheel with replaceable insert though from Spec, and it was well worth the money.

Users who are viewing this thread