Suggestions on Used Cars 18-22k?

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
I was in line today at the dealer about to buy a 09 Altima Coupe using the CARS rebate program, and then as the paperwork was about to be signed, the manager comes to me and says since Im not the original owner of the clunker (my father was when we bought the car 8 years ago) he couldnt make the deal go through..even though I was getting a check from a Credit Union, which is basically cash!

Anyway, so that looks like its gonna fall through.

Back to sqaure one, anyone suggest something in that price range used?

First of all theres a surprising amt of Mercedes for mid 20's. (non C230 and C280's ) Not that I would want one, but well yeah it would be nice.

Anyway I have a short list, Im really open to suggestions.

1.) 03 Cobra from Hi-end auto. However I do live in CT, Winters would be tough. Ive driven 400 HP mustangs in winter before but still..
2.) Lexus IS 300 and save some $
3.) Look really hard for a deal on a Benz (clk 350, E-350)
4.) other ?
5.) other car that would be more dependable then ones listed? ( not that those are)

Last edited:

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
i was in the same boat and 2 weeks ago i bought an 07 STI with 30k miles for 21,000. thought about another EVO VIII but did not want to deal with the fragile as glass driveline. the sti is not fast by any means, but the AWD is nice and it is peppy in traffic.

good luck

jfsram

Established Member
Option 5 confuses me. If you looking for something reliable, fun or prestige? Because few, if any, come all together in one car.

I'd chose option 1. Not just because this is mainly a Mustang site but I prefer to spend my money on made in America. and I'm not even American!

... but our economy depends on it.

Last edited:

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Option 5 confuses me. If you looking for something reliable, fun or prestige? Because few, if any, come all together in one car.

I'd chose option 1. Not just because this is mainly a Mustang site but I prefer to spend my money on made in America. and I'm not even American!

... but our economy depends on it.
Option five is basically something different that im missing. like you said, listed is... a fun powerful car, a car of prestige, and yes another option would be something in a reliable sense that still turns heads. I still see myself in a cobra more then a used benz, only reason a benz would be an option is because some models can go through a very cold month or even a light snow storm.

Last edited:

Hooligan02

We're all full of lies
Established Member
Screw all the options and get an Audi! Not biased because I work for them, but in all honesty, it has Quattro (which is awesome in all weather conditions), sporty, comfortable, luxurious, and you can get them certified too. I picked mine up for 20k fully loaded.

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
You can find a decent Acura RL (05 and up) for right around 20k. It has all wheel drive, 300 hp, and all the luxury ammenities you could want. And it's reliable! This will most likely be my next car purchase.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Screw all the options and get an Audi! Not biased because I work for them, but in all honesty, it has Quattro (which is awesome in all weather conditions), sporty, comfortable, luxurious, and you can get them certified too. I picked mine up for 20k fully loaded.

+1 on the Audi. The cost of maintainence @ the dealer is pretty high though. I had an 05 VW Jetta GLI and the oild change was $80.00 everytime.

something different that are awesome are the newer trd tacomas. i want one of these for a dd so bad. check out the 05 and up supercharged tacomas they are ***n sweet!

slick4_6

Established Member

Spitfire_GT

Back in the saddle
Established Member
+1 on the Tacoma TRD. I DD an 05 quad cab and it rocks.

I can't believe how smooth it rides for being a 4x4 with the tow/off road package and it can U turn like no other. I prefer it to the Sti, which my wife DDs now.

Users who are viewing this thread