Suggestions/help selling bike

beeradd

Established Member
Listed my motorcycle for sale, I have it listed for an amazing price imo.. I have about $11,200 in it after accessories. Other bikes not this nice or low of of miles listing for almost $1000 more than me. It is better than new and you can't buy a nicer looking sportster than this. Stumped because I haven't had one bite, any suggestions??

only have it on cl so far check it out...

2009 sportster custom

haVOcR1

Established Member
If it doesn't sell in 2 wks. Spend the money and put it in a news paper or cycle trader, in the grand scheme of things they don't charge that much.. that is if you need to sell it quickly.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
^^^ very good info. Its always better to advertise as much as possible. I hardly ever get hits on craigslist unless its to do subwoofer boxes for people (what I do on the side for money) but i also advertise on my truck

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
I sold mine on cycletrader. You will get a lot more exposure on cycletrader than craigslist...all I got from craigslist was spam crap.

Jack Burton

Established Member
It's a tough market. Hell, the Harley dealer down the road from me is selling new road king's for $14k. I sold my 2009 Fat Boy last year for $12k.. and it had a $1,000 thundermax, hooker troublemakers, screaming eagle stage 1 intake, etc... and it took me a long time to get rid of it. So many people are losing everything that they are selling toys such as bikes dirt cheap.

So, if you are forced to sell, you are probably going to take a good beating on it. If you can hold out till the warmer weather hits, you may stand a better chance.

Best of luck, I know selling bikes can be a royal PITA.

tistan

Established Member
My friend has a 06 zx10r he has been trying to sell for a year. It has a custom true flame paint job, exhaust, and power commander. He is down to $5200 and still no one wants to buy. It seems the only people who used to buy bikes are the ones who really couldn't afford them on anything but a credit card.

beeradd

Established Member
Yeah, market is stagnant right now for sure. I put it in cycle trader last fall for the same price, no hits. I will try again soon. Maybe I should just park it with the keys in it lol..

Iman01

Established Member
Used Harley market isn't what it used to be. You can find used big twins for less than your bike. Granted they won't be as new or shinny.

You should have better luck in the spring and summer. To dump a bike in winter you are going to have to go bargain basement prices.

stangposse

Established Member
I bought my bike via an Ebay auction. You could also just post a "classified ad" on Ebay. Try it out....it may cost a little but the bike I bought had over 1500 views.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I work at a bike shop and I can tell you the market for those things just isn't there right now. We have a 2009 XR1200 sport with 1800 miles on it for $7995 and it's not moving.

I'd suggest cycle trader and make sure to list how much warranty is left if any.

Coiled03

Established Member
You're selling it at the worst possible time of year. Give it another month, maybe two, the re-list it everywhere you can think of, and I bet you get rid of it.

beeradd

Established Member
Thanks, yeah I guess I will just have to sit on if for awhile longer. I figured if I listed it low enough somebody might jump on it. If I went much lower I might shed a tear. Last time I buy a bike off the showroom floor....

Users who are viewing this thread