Suggestions for a tune on a "special" Kenne Bell 96-98 Cobra?

goat-ee

Established Member
I have ordered the parts and am getting ready to add a Procharger Pro-Flow bypass valve (which I think is either a 1st or at least a rarity?) on my 97 Kenne Bell Cobra. I also will be relocating the IAT to after the blower, so I can get some real temp readings. It currently has a stock fuel pump with a Kenne Bell BAP which I am removing and just going with a 255 Walbro GSS342. Don't really trust the stock 14 year old pump with the BAP.

The car is 9-1 forged with 9lbs of boost, IMRC deletes, 42# injectors, 90mm Lightning MAF, long tubes and most of the bolt-ons. It was tuned to 364rwhp with the current setup in late October by a shop in Nebraska before I bought the car. Car runs good, but with the addition of the above listed mods, I will feel better with a new tune.

I have a AEM UEGO wideband that I just installed, an SCT X-Cal 2 tuner, and will be able to datalog with SCT's software.

Looking for a very reputable tuner who is not only experienced with the 96-98 Cobra's, but in particular the Kenne Bell'd cars. I imagine mine will be a little different than most similar setups due to the bypass. Who is the BEST and will put the time and effort to get the most (safely) from my daily driven setup?

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
not to hijack...but any interest in letting me know what/how you plan on doing the bypass? i pulled my KB last night and i got the IAT relocated to the front of the blower manifold..picking it up tomorrow morning..but i would like to do the bypass while it is off....then i can go get my much needded retune..lmk or shoot me a PM

Users who are viewing this thread