suede cleaning?

built97cobra

It's stock
Established Member
This is prolly a repost from some point in time but I looked through a bunch of pages with no luck.... If someone could either fill me in on the details to go about this or post a link that would be much appreciated

I just picked up my 97 with 03/04 interior and I would like to clean it up in the correct way....

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
I can't remember the name of the website off the top of my head. But I know they say not to use any harsh cleaners, or shampooing machines.l

built97cobra

It's stock
Established Member
keep the responses coming please... looking to jump into this project by the end of the week I just cant stand a dirty car

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Just use a clean, slightly damp, WHITE towel and lightly rub in varying directions. Any colors/patterns in the towel will transfers, so pure white is essential. I try not to soak the alcantara with the towel or press in too much, but get it slightly damp and lightly work off any imbedded dirt/grime. I only see a single shade darker in comparison with a dry spot. Vaccuum, and repeat.

If there are stubborn stains, use some diluted Woolite. However, this stuff cleans up really well with just the towel and water. Make sure you check/change the cleaning surface of the towel periodically as it will really pick up some dirt.

built97cobra

It's stock
Established Member
Just use a clean, slightly damp, WHITE towel and lightly rub in varying directions. Any colors/patterns in the towel will transfers, so pure white is essential. I try not to soak the alcantara with the towel or press in too much, but get it slightly damp and lightly work off any imbedded dirt/grime. I only see a single shade darker in comparison with a dry spot. Vaccuum, and repeat.

If there are stubborn stains, use some diluted Woolite. However, this stuff cleans up really well with just the towel and water. Make sure you check/change the cleaning surface of the towel periodically as it will really pick up some dirt.

Thanks a lot.... I will be trying this out tomorrow morning and I will get back to you guys

OHcobraIO

Banned
i just got a cobra with the suede seats as well and im wondering how to clean them too. ive heard the wool light is the way to go but a few companys make suede cleaners for shoes so i may give that a try

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
i just got a cobra with the suede seats as well and im wondering how to clean them too. ive heard the wool light is the way to go but a few companys make suede cleaners for shoes so i may give that a try

It's not suede. You'd be better off following the advice of the experienced individuals in this thread. Don't put shoe cleaner on your seats.

hoofbeat

Established Member
:beer:Cobra was 7 years old this June. Clean the inserts every spring getting ready for car show season, use a mix of 8 parts water 1 of Woolite CLEAN white towel ,spray insert, use damp towel ,rub lightly, use another damp towel to clean surface. Let dry. Works every time.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
mine turned 7 last oct and i have never cleaned the inserts ever,just never needed it (not a dd either). still look new but i will try this ^^ thanks might look a little brighter with a freshening up?

Users who are viewing this thread