Suction cups and tint...

CyberDaveA

Established Member
I'm planning on getting my car tinted in two weeks, and I wanted to get 50% tint across the whole front windshield. All legalities aside... I'm wondering if my radar detector suction cups will still be able to suction onto the tint?!?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Good luck seeing out your front window at night. I have tint on my daily driver rear windows only, and when I am in areas at night where there are no lights or very little light, I have zero visibility out back. I rear-ended someone backing up once because I looked back and saw NOTHING. But there was a parked car there.

Suction cups will stick fine.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Yea dude, 50% tint is REALLY dark. My friends 240 has 20 all the way around and that is pushin it right there.

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Are you guys serious??? I've had 5% tint on the last 3 cars I owned and I don't think 50% is that dark. Night time driving can be a little tricky in parking lots, but after 9 years of driving with dark tint... I haven't had any problems. Maybe I will go with a lighter tint on the front... not sure yet. I just want it to be slightly darker, but not enough where I'll get pulled over every day.

ralphy1798

Established Member
50% is not that dark, that means 50% of light gets in and 50% gets blocked, 5% means 5% of light gets through and 95% blocked...

I think 55 or 60 is the lightest the sell the film right?

and yes, the suction cups will work fine, they might mess up the tint though when you pull them off... be careful...

Users who are viewing this thread