Subwoofer boxes

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
Does any one here have subs behind their seat in the L? I want to know if anyone has them in their trucks and could get some pics posted here. I greatly appreciate it as I am trying to get some ideas. Thanks!

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Heres a pic from Crutchfield's site. Available in powered and non-powered. I don't have one, but I heard they sound decent.

h236F2RP20G-o.jpeg

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I don't and I probably wont get too anytime soon. The MTX thunderform (?) looks like a nice setup though and you still retain a lot of the leg room in the truck

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
You might also want to check out www.proboxrocks.com. I just got in touch with them and they have a new box coming out with a single 10 in it that is suposed to rock pretty hard and you should have all the leg room anf its only 220 bucks with the sub..add an amp and your ready to rock. I will be getting one as soon as i add a few power making mods first.

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
The problem is I do not like the thunderforms and will be doing a custom box with 4 10" infititys.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I was thinking about the same thing svtTom...since crutchfield ahs a deal going on the Aluminum 10's and 12's from Infinity..but i dont want that much extra "stuff" in the truck..since i need as much seat travel as possible.

MILIGHTNING

Established Member
I was wondering if the thunderform sounds good?? I have never heard one of them before. It looks like a nice set up but how does it sound. Isnt it plastic?? I dont know good it would sound.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I had a MTX Thunderform in my 97 Explorer $dr..it was a single 10 that i was giving about 125 watts from an old Pheonix Gold amp i had laying around. for being such a big vehicle and only 1 10in sub it sounded pretty good...platic doesnt rattle at all..its very thick and a quality piece. Only thing is price..Crutchfield wants 400 for the twin 10in box and i think its 539 with a built in amp.But they are good products.

TXRickC

Established Member
built this enclosure to fit, has 2 JL Audio 10W3-D4's and a Rockford Power 800.4 Amp. I lost one notch on passenger side, but not a problem for me.
box5.jpg

Last edited:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Looks great TXSVT...maybe I will do something like that in the future since I may be going to work at a stereo shop this fall. But for now Im trying to put everything toward speed. And I was only going to get the cheap box when I sold my Orion 250hccaR and XTR PRO dvc 15" sub out of my Mustang.No way in hell that thing will fit in the Lightning unless I build a box in the bed and port into the cab...which I am not doing!

Marz

Established Member
If you don't have time to build a box or the money to buy the MTX thunderforms, you might be interested in these that I have in my truck. I found them at best buy made by Q Logic. Doesn't look as good as the other set ups, but they work really well.

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
I would mount it under the passenger side door. I will be working on my installation throughout the next few weeks. I will keep you updated with some pics. Thanks for the input!

TXRickC

Established Member
Yes, the cable for the cd changer can be re-routed to go under the pass. side seat and mounted under there.

Just curious, do the 2003/2004 L's have the Black Storage Bin behind the seat??

Marz

Established Member
my 2003 didn't come with the storage bin. and the cd changer was indash. SO I lost it when I installed my system.

Users who are viewing this thread