subs

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
for those who care about some sound in their cobra, i was wondering if u could use the mach 1000 sub enclosures and put my own 10 inch subs in , anybody put subs in there cobra?? any ideas?? rather not go with a box, plus i wanna keep good access to my spare

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
There is a bit of science/math involved when mating a driver to an enclosure. Generally the driver manufacturer will give specifications as to the required box volume for both sealed and ported enclosures. You would need to find drivers that match the size and type of the mach 1000 box to get optimal sound and efficiency from your subs. Should be doable with a little effort.

I personally put a JL ProWedge in mine with two 10-inch drivers which fit very well in the trunk with lots of room to spare.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Yes it is, but it is not very big compared to many others since it is a sealed enclosure. Go to the JL Audio website and look under enclosures and you will see what they look like. They do have a custom 10" for the stang if you really want to save space.......Steve

Users who are viewing this thread