Suboxone Qs?

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
I'm curious, has anyone ever been treated by their doctor using suboxone? If you have you know what it is for, I am just curious to it's effectiveness in treating the intended problem if you stick with the regimen, regular appointments, and the therapy involved.

Have someone very close to me that has been struggling for the past year to kick their dependency on prescription opiate pain killers (oxycodone, oxycontin). She quit cold turkey a last year in February, and were doing fine for a while, then after she lost her job, and stress built, she got back into it.

Just looking for some input or experiences, good or bad people may have had with this treatment option.

boosted306

Established Member
If she uses this just as prescribed she should be fine. She will detox just like cold turkey. It will be hard but she can do it. It's a successful drug.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
If she uses this just as prescribed she should be fine. She will detox just like cold turkey. It will be hard but she can do it. It's a successful drug.

If she detoxes just like going cold turkey, what does the drug do? She seems very hopeful that it will help, as her problem is relatively small, however, I don't want her to think this is somehow going to make the withdrawl easier if it is not.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
my brother is percrisbed to suboxone. It took him a little time for him to find the correct dosage that kept him reasonable but not lacking the drugs intended use. Otherwise it has been a huge help for him and he swears by it.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
my brother is percrisbed to suboxone. It took him a little time for him to find the correct dosage that kept him reasonable but not lacking the drugs intended use. Otherwise it has been a huge help for him and he swears by it.

Thanks,

appointment is thursday, and I am looking forward to this really helping her, as she is really not bothered by the withdraw as much as she is the mental desire for the prescription opiates. Heres hoping this is the answer we have been looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread