Subjecting myself to this again...

Ezbok58a

Everybody needs a Blimp!
Established Member
Ah, the feeling of being a n00b...

Yeah I don't miss it.

Anyways yes I am another newbie to this site, although I'll probably be more of a lurker than a actual poster...time will tell.

Anyways I'm from Central NJ, and my ride is a 2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport...

No it's not a cop car, and no it's not a Marauder. :bored:

It is Black, a color I've grown to hate, but otherwise it's problem free, and very well modded...

Mercury Marauder gauge cluster
PIAA Fog lights
2006 Mustang GT Bullitt wheels and tires
Niteshaded tail & Reverse lights
HIDs
Kooks long tube headers
2 High flow cats
X-pipe
SLP Loudmouth II muffers
3.73 with limited slip diff
Steeda U.D.s
MZT

257hp
301 torque
on 87 Octane

Pics...
IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

And a few vids to show it's not just hot air :rolling:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwJWPna4Eo]YouTube - Crown Victoria Exhaust pt. III[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gregZQvgy3A]YouTube - Dyno Day[/ame]

Hope I've introduced myself sufficiently, or however thats spelled :lol1:

97cobra1

Established Member
I've never owned a black car. I know it's harder then most to keep clean, but is it really that bad?

Black's the biggest annoyance to keep clean for sure. I had a black cavalier (yeah i know :bored:) and i absolutely hated trying to keep it clean.

Finally realized how shitty the factory paint job was when i started seeing the clear coat fading so i said eff it and stopped caring.

Nice Vic OP. Exhaust sounds pretty good. I'm sure you'll surprise a few people in that thing. I like it.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
And to think I'm planning on my next vehicle to be black.

It looks damn good when it's clean and I believe that makes it worth the hassle.

unless you know how to use a PC properly and using more than your run of the mill OTC products, dont get black.

even with proper care, within 2-3 washings you start to see swirls in direct sunlight.

My buddy uses the two bucket method with microfiber mitten, air dries with a leaf blower, and reapplies wax every other washing to keep his black free of swirls, but even after about 3mo he is in the garage doing a full once over, luckily though a quick pass with the PC and a white pad and some Klasse AIO is enough to eliminate any swirls that may have come up.

If i was to ever have a black car again, its not going to be a DD thats for sure.

Ezbok58a

Everybody needs a Blimp!
Established Member
Yeah, I get that alot. Even though it's got Fog lights and HIDs they still think I'm a cop...

I absolutely hate Black paint...I can see every defect in the lousy paint and I can't even get half of them out....

If only I had the funds for a Dark Highland Green Metallic respray... :)

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
And to think I'm planning on my next vehicle to be black.

It looks damn good when it's clean and I believe that makes it worth the hassle.

It is worth it for about two months. Then its like what the hell was I thinking? Its great on my 91 stang because it sits in the garage all the time and never gets dirty. But on a DD its hell to keep it clean. And if you ever let it get the best of you one time its hard to get it back to perfect.

Anyway to the OP welcome to the site and cool car. I like it:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread