Subframe connectors

86caprirs

Established Member
I need them for my vert. But I have seen posts that talk about the full length subframe connectors with bracing that goes from the connectors to the body seam under the door. I have been on a few sites like MM and UPR and I don't see this style. Who carries them?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Look at Global West's website and they'll have what you need. You're on the right track also in that do not get just regular full length subframe connectors. For our vert's they aren't enough. I had them at first but took them off to tie my rollbar directly into a custom set.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Haha I was wondering what happened there for minute lol.

Here's a general search and your part number should be on this page somewhere. You can also PM Jimmeysidecarr and ask him to double check. He might know exactly which ones most people use as well.

http://www.globalwest.net/1994-04mustang.html

86caprirs

Established Member
Hmmm. I see the 929c. But they only have about a 3 inch overlap in the front subframe and mount to the edge of the rear subframe. Too me that does not seem strong compared to full length.

hunterp

Established Member
Stiffler's also makes a web matrix set of subframe connectors. I've been pretty happy with the quality of the ones I got. They mask off the weld points for you so you don't have to grind away too much, but the areas would still need to be cleaned before welding and we found that a very small amount of additional grinding off of paint was needed, but overall excellent pieces. They fit right up to the chassis and went in without a hitch.

Chassis stiffening '94-'04 Mustang

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hmmm. I see the 929c. But they only have about a 3 inch overlap in the front subframe and mount to the edge of the rear subframe. Too me that does not seem strong compared to full length.

I'm sure with someone that can weld good they'll be a lot stronger.

cbr repsol

Established Member
^^if u know how to weld it shouldnt be hard at all. Or u can get kenne brown ones already made and add them to your mm subs. I asked gtr today when they did mine and said it works just minor modifactions are needed.

ripnesscobra

Established Member
That is what I am going to do. I am having MM full lengths installed on my vert. Then I am going to see how they feel. If they aren't stiff enough I am going to have a custom matrix/jacking rail setup added on.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
For a vert, a single FLSFC is just not sufficient. :( You need something that has a matrix system as well like a Global West or Stifflers.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I've got the Global West 929's in my '01 Coupe. They were kind of a PITA to put in as alignment wasn't perfect and they are heavy...BUT they made an obvious diff in chassis stiffness. Owning a coupe, I probably would have felt the same with the simpler MM FLSFC's ...but I don't mind the overkill and would do them again. The jacking rails are a plus. Fabricating and installing custom jacking rails on the MM's is going to be PITA as well...so pick your poison. Regardless, the improvement in the ride will put a smile on your face.

Users who are viewing this thread