Subframe connectors

LaFlavor

Established Member
Ok, tax returns coming soon, and since I'm one of the few slow ones who hasn't done subframe connectors yet, that's first on the list.

I have no welding equipment or experience, so doing this myself would be...stupid.

However, I can't find anything about where to get this type of thing done. Does anyone have any advice on this? I'm in Greenville, SC, if that helps.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Do factory subframe from convertible 99-04 Mustangs bolt into the hardtop Cobra? I'm sure Ford put the holes on all cars right? I don't really want to weld subframes to my 5,000 mile car.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Any local performance shop familiar with SFC should be able to weld them in place.
The MMFLSFC that were recently added to my vert helped a TON. :thumbsup:

svt2ner

Established Member
Do factory subframe from convertible 99-04 Mustangs bolt into the hardtop Cobra? I'm sure Ford put the holes on all cars right? I don't really want to weld subframes to my 5,000 mile car.

600hp youre going to wish you had subframes. You dont realize how much the car twists from all that power even if the car had 400hp, and overtime it could be detrimental.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member

bolt on subframes are a waste..they don't do anything. I had Maximum's full lengths welded in on my 11k aniversary edition cobra and the second i pulled out of the parking lot I kicked myself for not doing it sooner

The cobra in convertible trim from the factory is as stiff as a wet noodle, add the whipple to the mix and its just not pretty. The difference will be night and day...you'd be foolish not to.

As mentioned above...the extra power you get from the whipple is doing more damage to your car then you realize becuase of the added stress.

Last edited:

jt239

Established Member

Have you seen the factory subframes from a vert? They are junk and do nothing. If you have a vert, aftermarket subframe connectors are a must. You will notice a huge difference!!

Last edited:

antiv6

Established Member
ya they really helped, the stock ones on verts are completely useless, i didnt even take them home from the shop after i had my m/m ones put on

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member

If your car is a garage queen then why waste the time and money on subframe connectors anyways? Sell your car to someone that will drive it...

OP, any competant welder should be able to do it. I really wouldnt have a big issue with taking mine to a muffler shop and supervising them doing it. Just know how their supposed to be done and leave the actual welding to them. But any performance shop should be able to do it.

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Do it!
Do it!
Do it!

when I first got my vert I said I would never do anything to it that could not be undone (Bolt ons mods only). I made an exception for weld on subs. +100on what everyone else said. Felt a HUGE difference as soon as i pulled out of the lot.

Just make sure the welder uses a drive on lift so the tires are supporting the car when he does it.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
I got some ones that a local guy makes. They are tubular and pretty bad ass. I am very impressed with them!

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
My Evolution X-Brace Subframe Connectors were just delivered today. They have an x-cross brace and an integrated drive shaft loop. I'm really interested in seeing how they are going to work when installed on the car...

2385896EvolutionX-BraceSubframeConnectors.jpg

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
My Evolution X-Brace Subframe Connectors were just delivered today. They have an x-cross brace and an integrated drive shaft loop. I'm really interested in seeing how they are going to work when installed on the car...

2385896EvolutionX-BraceSubframeConnectors.jpg

Let me know what you think of them; I really liked the idea of the X incorporated loop in the middle as well.

Users who are viewing this thread