Subframe connectors

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
I've heard the MM and griggs are awesome subframe connectors. What I haven't heard about, are the steeda full length subframe connectors. Are they any good? How do they compare to the MM xl full length subframe units?

Thanks, Erik

SlowSVT

Established Member
I don't think either of them are as good as Global West or Hans (if you can find them). Especially in your convertable.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I have the MM full lengths now and on my old car I had custom thru the floors. The thru the floors are better and they cost about the same. I put on the MM full lengths on my hardtop and didn't notice any difference. I didn't notice any benefits until I put the rest on the MM suspension in, coilovers, K member, control arms, bushings, etc.

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
I took a look at the global west. Are the tubular subframes better than the rectangle ones? Are they still better than the MM/griggs if I don't buy the optional parst such as the jacking rails/seat supports?

1 VET ETR

Established Member
I have the global west subframes on the wifes GT and they are a stout product!!! I am putting MM's on my cobra in two weeks. They do the same job but the global west are much heavier and there is more to the installation IMO.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
i have the MM XL subframes and I love them. Wheel Hop reduced significantly and you can tell the car feels a bit more sturdy. Solid really is a better word i guess. But I have no complaints with them.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I heard that MM made the XL series after someone else started copying their previous design. I'm not sure if the "copier" was Steeda though. I thought that Steedas were tubular and not full length, but that was quite a while ago. I went w/MM XL FLSFC and I have no regrets. If I jack up my car at the rear jack point I can get both wheels off the ground and still open & close my doors. I bet the front jack point would work even better due to weight balance.

Users who are viewing this thread