subframe connectors

sonic cobra

Established Member
Looking to have max motorsport full length subframes installed. Instructions clearly state "do not lift on regular hoist or place on jackstands" Every perf shop i've been to does not have a drive on hoist. Can anyone recommend an installer in new york ' philadelphia ,new jersey area.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Try a muffler shop, they are usually good at welding and have more of a tendency to have a drive on lift.

Brian

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Why did they say not to put on Jackstands or Hoist? Was it that the freaking unibody flexes that much or what?

Never install any real subframe connectors on anything other then a muffler style wheel lift. The mustang body has substantial flex on a frame lift which when the subframes are welded in will permanently bend your frame unless they are removed. Before I had my MM full lengths installed I had my car on a frame lift and took a look at the doors and they didn’t open and close right and had a noticeable difference in the space between the door and frame. Since the MM full length have been installed I can jack my car up by one corner and the doors and seems are they same as if it is on the ground.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Also just as a note have you by any chance took your subframes out and put them under your car yet. They run the entire length from right behind the front tires to the back of the torque boxes in the rear. There is no way you can lift the car with a frame lift to install them you would have no place to put the lifting pads to provide room while you install them.

yermo

Established Member
i don't know about the install but they are great. i got them with the caster/camber, ss springs and irs bushings. these mods made a HUGE difference in the feel of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread