subframe connectors question

CarolinaCobra

Established Member
I currently have some old (I think discontinued now) Ford Racing subframe connectors that are not full length and want something better. My question is...
Would it be wiser to go to my local shop and get them to build a custom set that would basically just extend on from the current setup? Would this even work?
Or should I have them cut out the old ones and grab some MMFLSFC's (or global west/ kenny brown/ whatever I decided the budget can afford)?
The reason I ask is that I have heard it's a real pain to cut these things back out and just adding an extension would obviously be cheaper.

cobracide

Established Member
I currently have some old (I think discontinued now) Ford Racing subframe connectors that are not full length and want something better. My question is...
Would it be wiser to go to my local shop and get them to build a custom set that would basically just extend on from the current setup? Would this even work?
Or should I have them cut out the old ones and grab some MMFLSFC's (or global west/ kenny brown/ whatever I decided the budget can afford)?
The reason I ask is that I have heard it's a real pain to cut these things back out and just adding an extension would obviously be cheaper.

With a good welder, getting rid of the old ones should not be a big deal.

"Or should I have them cut out the old ones and grab some MMFLSFC's (or global west/ kenny brown/ whatever I decided the budget can afford)?"

Users who are viewing this thread