Subframe Connectors - are they really necesary?

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Are they really necessary for a street car? I may go to the track 1-2 times a year, if that.

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
Subframe connectors will make your car corner a bit better by tying the rear and front subframes together. also, it will prevent body flex and the misalignment of body panels. I think it is a worthwile modification plus it is cheap. You can get a good pair of subframes and get them welded in for about $200. Remember that you must have the car up on a ramp type lift, with the wieght on the tires when welding them in. If you do it with the suspension you are basically welding in the subframes while the car is flexed....you'll be lucky if you can get the doors open.

-norcal_cobra

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
On a 1991 GT it definitely it should have been done years ago. The Fox platform flexs like crazy I would be suprised if your body is still straight.

socalcobra03

Established Member
I would have to say that the 2 best mods I've made so far for everyday driving are MM sub-frams and a magnaflow cat-back. The sub-frames give the car a tighter feel, which you don't really notice when your cruising along, but as soon as you push the car hard into a corner, it gives you alot more confidence. Hope this helps

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
On a 1991 GT it definitely it should have been done years ago. The Fox platform flexs like crazy I would be suprised if your body is still straight.

Thats what I currently drive but I was talking about the '03 ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread