Subframe Connector installation

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
Hey, I've got a pair of Steeda full lengths that I had originally bought for my GT. I want to have them put on my Cobra pretty soon. Where is the best place to have this done? Muffler shops will do it, but I don't know if it would be better to take it to a frame or body repair shop. I just know how important it is to install them correctly. Any tips?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Muffler shops are actually good places to get it done. They have to work with the suspension loaded when they are replacing exhaust componants so they have everything needed to complete the install.

The Steeda FLSFC's are a straight-forward install without a crap-ton of welding. These aren't through the floor style connectors or anything fancy like that so a loaded suspension lift and a welder with a bit of skill is all you need.

cobraracer46

Banned
You could also do what I did and buy your own welder and just do it your self. Going through a welding class and having my own welder saved me over 3 grand in labor costs when I did my in car frame kit and roll bar install.

Users who are viewing this thread