Subbie BRZ / Scion FR-S can actually be quite quick!?!?

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Randomly surfing through YouTube, and came across this:

[youtube_browser]aBdFiFOWGms[/youtube_browser]

96 cobra

Established Member
It should be interesting to see how much additional power the stock engine/trans/diff configuration can handle before things go south...

Waiting for the STi engined version myself, great concept for the car, just needs a bit more power.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Just surprises me how shortly this thing has been on the market and how quickly someone's gotten it to run a respectable e.t.

Just shows what you can do when something's rwd and weights only 2800lbs

Last edited:

TheHitman™

Established Member
Nice run. As far as the ticking timebomb thing, I don't even think the car is making over 400whp, so it should be fine. The transmission also isn't as complicated as the transmission for the STi and these cars don't make a lot of torque so it should be fine.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
I'm sure they built the engine. If not it's on borrowed time, as it would need 14+psi to make those numbers. You never know though, maybe it's got a badass pcm controlling it. I was impressed with it's numbers, especially where a stock 1 runs. Big improvement and at my home town track, MILAN. :)

DSS

Established Member
I'm sure they built the engine. If not it's on borrowed time, as it would need 14+psi to make those numbers. You never know though, maybe it's got a badass pcm controlling it. I was impressed with it's numbers, especially where a stock 1 runs. Big improvement and at my home town track, MILAN. :)

you might want to do some lil research instead assuming random things

its completely stock engine FA20 (new 2.0 N/A chain driven engine), with a turbo kit mated with the stock headers

clutch/tires and supporting mods turbo kit(injectors, fuelpump, exhaust and etc.)

and its also using a STOCK ECU

Last edited:

eurojap

Established Member
Not the same car. Accelerated Performance on E85 and Rev to 9000rpm

attachment.php

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
you might want to do some lil research instead assuming random things

its completely stock engine FA20 (new 2.0 N/A chain driven engine), with a turbo kit mated with the stock headers

clutch/tires and supporting mods turbo kit(injectors, fuelpump, exhaust and etc.)

and its also using a STOCK ECU

Read my post again, If not it's on borrowed time, as it would need 14+psi to make those numbers. You never know though, maybe it's got a badass pcm controlling it, as in a great tune. I stand by what I said, we'll see how long it lasts.

Not the same car. Accelerated Performance on E85 and Rev to 9000rpm

the dyno graph only goes to 7500rpm.

Fuerza

Established Member
Saw this a few weeks ago but didn't post because of all the BRZ/FRS haters in this board.... Sure is quiet in here...

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
I would love to have either a brz or a ST as a daily driver and build my 13 5.0

Maybe next year:cool:

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread