Subaru WRX VS Supercharged GT -VIDEO-

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
Heres an old video of a friends WRX. Includes a race against a procharged GT with a cobra motor. (Not sure of what year model motor) And the 4 wheeler in the vid is the newer Yamaha 450. And if you say "that mustang was about to check out on the subaru" Your about right, but we held up much better than we thought.

And i think i have a good reason for calling the Mustang owner what i did. (just watch)

but here it is- just simply a video for your entertainment

hope everyone enjoys it

thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D18NTqoHN5g

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
How much psi was the gt running?

If he was anything above 350 he was asking for it.

Alot of people say 400, is safe, but no way.

SoCalStang

Established Member
Why would you call him STUPID? The guy had a fare shot at whoopin that WRX. He was starting to reel him in, and his motor blew up. Blown GT's at 8-9 pounds of boost are making a hell of alot more power than what the vid said. More in the range of 380-410 rwhp with supporting mods (KB and Pro-chargers alike). Maybe the tune he had wasn't any good. Oh well, get a built motor, get max boost and go get that WRX back.

SoCalStang

Established Member
MachME said:
How much psi was the gt running?

If he was anything above 350 he was asking for it.

Alot of people say 400, is safe, but no way.

It's all in the tune. I was making 350 rwhp prior to getting supporting mods. Just stop by modularpowerhouse.com and most people with blown GT's are in the 400 range.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
mysnakebites04 said:
Talk about stupid. Let's take a $30,000 car and race four wheelers in the dirt and up hills with it. Yeah it is a rally car but where does the common sense come in?

+1. however, you can buy a new wrx for less than 25k.

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
SoCalStang said:
Why would you call him STUPID? The guy had a fare shot at whoopin that WRX. He was starting to reel him in, and his motor blew up. Blown GT's at 8-9 pounds of boost are making a hell of alot more power than what the vid said. More in the range of 380-410 rwhp with supporting mods (KB and Pro-chargers alike). Maybe the tune he had wasn't any good. Oh well, get a built motor, get max boost and go get that WRX back.

ok well i called him stupid because he started the motor back up after he looked at the block and the oil pan and saw a hole in both of them with people standing all around the car and revved it up AND LAUGHED ABOUT IT- thats pretty damn stupid if you ask me-
and what are you talking about when you say ''Blown GT's at 8-9 pounds of boost are making a hell of alot more power than what the vid said." I never said how much he was makink because i have no idea, however i did say that the wrx made 319awhp. and yes he would have outrun the wrx pretty good, i said that in my first post. The owner of the car said that the car had a fully built cobra motor. i dont know what it did or did not have for a fact. This race happened 6 months ago and from the little bit i can see, it does look like a gt motor but i cant remember. The mustang owner said he ran 7.50s (1/8) on DR's at the track the night before this race and thats probably about right because the subaru runs 7.80s

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
mysnakebites04 said:
Talk about stupid. Let's take a $30,000 car and race four wheelers in the dirt and up hills with it. Yeah it is a rally car but where does the common sense come in?

well personally i would not do what he was doing if i had his car either but actually his car was only 14k with a built cobb motor and gt30r and he didnt hurt a thing at the dunes other than getting a little sand inside his car.

i didnt post this video to dis the mustang guys, its just an old video i made for my friend, (the wrx owner) and i decided to put it up here since it has a mustang in it.

thanks

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
o yea , i have a friend with a supercharged gt(stock motor) thats making 414whp on 10psi and it has been holding together fine for a couple of years now.

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member
thats what he said- i dont know the guy- do the older cobra motors have the aternator right center in front of the intake manifold like the GT's?

it seems like it had the GT heads because i think i remeber the valve covers being the sohc black ones but like i said its been a long time since this took place

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
yes they have them in the middle.
Notice the heads dude, thats the key to knowing it's a gt.....lmao

Users who are viewing this thread