subaru sti?

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
With my mods I beat a bone stock sti from a roll by about 2 cars from second gear. From a dig against the same car, I got him by about 1 car through the 1/4. Then again I raced another one from a dig with just a couple bolt ons and tune and ah :burn:.......you get the point lol. He launched off the rev limiter or a 2 step and was gone. I gave up as soon as I shifted into 2nd :burnout::lol:

scuzzdude2587

Established Member
you have to watch out for these subys. They can get scary fast with minimal mods. I ran a '02 WRX with nothing but intake/exhuast/tune. Nothing special at all, the guy tunes it himself. Turns out he can run a 12.9 :eek: (granted he is the 6th fastest WRX in the world with the stock TD04, but still!)

red9450

Established Member
WRX stock turbo cobb staged upgrades=Not so fast
STI Stock, just as fast as above
My car, still not so fast, but fast enough.
Modded STI=4v w/power adder

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
all you need to do is slap a boost controller on an sti and it will haul ass..a few more mods intake exhaust and a tune and it will be a monster.

Last edited:

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
My cousin just got a 07 wrx (not sti). Even that thing runs pretty damn good. I bet it could run low low 13's with just a few bolt ons and tune without even touching the boost.

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
playin with the boost on those cars is one of the most effective upgrades...and probably the cheapest if you go with a manual boost controller.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Yeah but the motors dont last running under high boost for a while. Plus they have glass synchros which get destroyed when they drag race them. After a while they blow the trans from powershifting.

xhailofgunfirex

Established Member
I've raced my friends sti, he has downpipe, axleback and reflash, with his gf in the car and a bunch of other weight it was dead even from 4-5 rolls on the freeway from 40-140.

I just have prochamber and underdrive pulleys.

JohnsMyName

Established Member
My buddy has a stock 06. we hav'nt raced but he drove my car and was worried. I think a stocker will be a little faster, do to the AWD durring launch, but if you get one stock at a roll you will have a chance deppending on driver. Gears cobra on stocker sti, should win with a good driver mod :burnout:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
they are quick. My friend has one with an intake, BOV, turboback exhaust, manual controller but no tune. Its extremely fast from a dig...... AWD is nice, but RWD is more fun :)

he has an 06 sti BTW.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
i've never had any problems with them. though, i haven't run up against one that had more than a fart pipe and shift lights...

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
ran a guy i work with in his sti . from a light I got about 3 or so cars on him it was never close.

oh & 430's lt's pulleys bfg dr's rear upper&lower cont arms & a tune.

Last edited:

Biggieman

03-04 parts for sale
Established Member
my buddy has one (not sure what year) that does around 390hp at the wheels. it is freakin QUICK! i never ran him, but from a dig i think i would have my hands full.

matsm21

wasting time again?!
Established Member
thanks for the info guys...I have one that I want to run, but I think i'll be waiting till spring after mine is procharged :D

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
thanks for the info guys...I have one that I want to run, but I think i'll be waiting till spring after mine is procharged :D

+1 I will run 08 turbo sti in about 3 weeks on a back road near Raging Waters paved with about 1 miles of straight away with a couple small twisties. I'm bone stock. Pretty good with my gears. Hope he sucks.:kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread