Sub-par customer service at CJ Pony Parts

Kobreh

Established Member
I ordered a JLT carbon fiber inlet tube from CJ Pony Parts.

I did not find out it was on back-order until they sent me the confirmation e-mail that they processed my order. I think to myself, that sucks because I'm really excited about getting my product, but not really a big deal.

I'm reading the confirmation email, and it has my intake being shipped to my billing address, NOT my shipping address. I think again to myself, not a huge deal, easy fix. I contact customer service by phone AND e-mail and they confirmed twice that they fixed the shipping address. After over a week of the part being on back-order, I get an email that my order finally shipped.... to the WRONG address.

Not the worst service ever, but just thought y'all might want to know if customer service means a lot to you.

:bash: Wish I would have ordered from Lethal EDIT** (or JLT directly). Sounds like they really know how to take care of their customers :beer:

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
yea, or you could order directly from JLT as well, thats how I picked up mine. He is good to work with.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
x2 on the direct from JLT. They are great, and I got a free T-shirt when I ordered mine because of 4th of July special :p

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Yeah Lethal or direct with JLT....FTW. CJ Pony is not that great....for newer model parts. They tend to carry the older generation stuff in stock..which is the only reason I would use them IF I had a 60's mustang.

Kobreh

Established Member
Yeah, I haven't checked JLT's site but CJ was slightly cheaper than Lethal and had free shipping, even if not to the correct address.

I just want to hear my supercharger whine as loud as I am right now :whine:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Yeah, I haven't checked JLT's site but CJ was slightly cheaper than Lethal and had free shipping, even if not to the correct address.

I just want to hear my supercharger whine as loud as I am right now :whine:

I am going to bet if you call or PM Lethal...any of them..you might be surprised how things work out. Trust me...Lethal hands down FTW!

Side note...no knock on Jay...(JLT) Top notch guy to and knows his stuff.

Either one would be helpful...did not mean to imply otherwise.

Last edited:

Kobreh

Established Member
I am going to bet if you call or PM Lethal...any of them..you might be surprised how things work out. Trust me...Lethal hands down FTW!

Hmm, interesting thought. I'm not usually one to b*tch and moan, just kind of an fyi mustang modders out there.

It's not the end of the world for me, just kind of a PITA

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Hmm, interesting thought. I'm not usually one to b*tch and moan, just kind of an fyi mustang modders out there.

It's not the end of the world for me, just kind of a PITA

No problem...understood.

Just some notes for next time. Trust me..when I started modding with my 98 Cobra....I ordered from them too. Got on these forums..learned somethings..worked with other vendors and here we are...now. Also..if you have questions Lethal or JLT and other vendors are very helpful..via PM or phone. And I ask alot of questions before I do stuff..cause..some what limited cash so, I want the best bang for the buck!

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I just ordered a BMR adj PHB from them (due to free shipping) and same thing...did not show BO'd until after I received order confirmation.

Now, I see they dropped the price since I ordered it yesterday. To their credit (or mine, actually) they adjusted the price to the sale price when I called! For $125 shipped, I guess I can wait.

Last edited:

6-Speed

Established Member
I never had any problems with ordering or receiving products from CJ Pony.

Often they offer 10% off parts if you order between Thursday and Sunday + free shipping = a pretty sweet deal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread