Sub-Frames

KJ Hoppus

Black2k3svt
Established Member
Well my one of my first mods is going to be Sub-Frames and im not sure which ones to go with. I don’t want to spend more than 200 bucks including install. So what do you guys have? Im thinking about MM standard Sub-Frames, but curious on what you guys have.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Don't skimp on an important part of body integrity. Go with the full length MM and pay to have it done right. Will probably be ~ $300.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I have the MM Full length and payed 180 for the install alone. Don't do the standard lengths you really need full length connectors. If you are not going to do it right you might as well not do it.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
MidLifeC said:
Don't skimp on an important part of body integrity. Go with the full length MM and pay to have it done right. Will probably be ~ $300.

Excellent advice! :thumbsup:

I have the HANS, paid WAAAAAY more for them and they feel just like the MM's did :nonono:

black10th vert

Established Member
I installed my hans myself and a gt vert at the same time and it took about 4 hrs for both. They didn't fit 400 bucks good but looking under the car they look great. I think it is worth extra money for the jacking rail. I would like to see another car with them and see if they fit the same as both the cars I did. I have a gap between the top of the jacking rail and the bottom of the floorpan when it is suppose to be touching so you can weld along the top.

Quick Strike

Established Member
KJ Hoppus said:
ill go with the mm full lenghts and install them myself. thanks guys

Make sure to use a drive on lift in order to keep the weight of the car on the suspension when installing the sub-frame connectors.

I just had MM full length subs installed on my vert, and I an very happy with them. I was going to do it myself also (decent welder), but do not have a lift. I just could not warm up to the idea of blocking it to height under the wheels and crawling around under the car with the grinder and welder. The subs sat here for six months before I took it to someone with a drive on lift. It was worth every penny to have it done!

Steve

black10th vert

Established Member
The guy with the other car had a 4 post lift and we have welders at work and one of them come over and welded them up.

Users who are viewing this thread