Sub frame connectors - which one?

CRAWDAD

Established Member
again I am looking at BMR for theirs too. Should I go with another company?

SFC011_small.jpg

Bulldogger

Established Member
I was looking at BMR also. I think they are mostly the same design. I know people say you don't need them, but they don't hurt and I think a few people were getting small dimple marks in the rear quarter panels they attributed to the twist.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The ripples are on new cars from the lot and ones that have never seen a mod let along a track. It's not from torque twist. Talk to the roadrace crowd...the new chasis is exceptionally stiff.

The other brace is where you need the support more....especially if you drag....and the jacking rails I posted are weld-in which stiffen that area vs what you get from the factory.

Up to you guys...I'm just throwing some info out from what I've been following since '08.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The Kenny Brown part adds some stiffness too which is the primary reason I put them on ;)

Bulldogger

Established Member
The Kenny Brown part adds some stiffness too which is the primary reason I put them on ;)

Yes they would, similar to where the BMR supports sit just with the BMR I only need to install one part which is better for my lazy ass:D.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Do a quick search. You don't need them on the GT500. Instead, get a set of the Evolution Torque Box Brace (great design) and the Kenny Brown Jacking Rails

I run subframe connectors like BMR. But if the kenny brown full matrix were around when I got mine. I 100% would of went with kenny brown. I used there kit on a 97 cobra an 2 03 cobra an one vert. An they 100% were the best subframes I've ever used.

Users who are viewing this thread