Sub box ideas

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Ok guys i need some ideas for some older 10w6's. I have them in a thunderforms box now but i have no room the amp. I had it mounted in the center section of the box but i want something a little cleaner looking. And no i dont have room under the pass seat as i already have the other amp there.
Is custom box going to be the only way to go?

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Is putting the amp in the bed and running the wires into the cab an option? How big is the amp?

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Its not large at all maybe 8" by 10"
Wasnt really looking to start drilling holes and i dont know how i feel about having the amp back there

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
What about taking the plastic panel off the rear cab wall, mounting the amp there and making a new custom panel. You could make a floating amp rack pretty easily.

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
You could run one 10, or possibly a 12 designed for a truck in a small box and may have an easier time making a box setup due to the limited room behind the seats. Just an idea...

I have one 8w3 in mine, and have considered a 10" from kicker or maybe an old school JL12w0. Haven't researched the mounting depths or anything yet. As you know I have a little more on my plate than worrying about a stereo right now, heh

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
What about taking the plastic panel off the rear cab wall, mounting the amp there and making a new custom panel. You could make a floating amp rack pretty easily.

That may be an idea... i might have to do a little chopping to the sub box as well but atleast i wouldnt have to make another box
As you know I have a little more on my plate than worrying about a stereo right now, heh
Yes i am well aware haha

Last edited:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
a single downfiring 10in Fosgate power series sub....more than this truck really needs
DF3.jpg

DF4.jpg

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
I've got a ported box with a 12" pioneer behind the driver seat and the amp under the passenger seat. In all honestly its more than enough if you do it right. With this setup (if I wasn't lazy) I could have an amp rack behind the passenger seat that would look really nice. So basically, yea, I think your looking at a custom box if you want it to look decent.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Yeah thats kind of what i figured....
Love to see pictures of what you guys have out there to give me a better idea on what i am going to need to do

voodoocustoms

Established Member
It's snowing today, but once it stops, I'll get some pics. I have two 10" Alpine type R's in a downfire that fits behind the pass/flip up seat. It leaves the area behind the drivers seat open.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
I've got a ported box with a 12" pioneer behind the driver seat and the amp under the passenger seat. In all honestly its more than enough if you do it right. With this setup (if I wasn't lazy) I could have an amp rack behind the passenger seat that would look really nice. So basically, yea, I think your looking at a custom box if you want it to look decent.

Who did you purchase the box from?

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
ive got two solobarics in a sealed box firing forward......nowhere near enough airspace. since i bought my lightning ive wanted to get the pass seat cut into a bucket and build a box from the dash to the rear of the cab for two upfiring 12'' solo's, there should be plenty of airspace then...BOOM!!!

MSUBlake827

Established Member
It's snowing today, but once it stops, I'll get some pics. I have two 10" Alpine type R's in a downfire that fits behind the pass/flip up seat. It leaves the area behind the drivers seat open.

Please post some pics when you get a chance. I would love to see what you have done.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I have one 12" Kicker VR series and kicker amp mounted on a custom made box. I went with a custom box because it gave me more room behind the seats. Sound pretty mean...
PA040624.jpg

PA040627.jpg

PA040630.jpg

PA040628.jpg

MSUBlake827

Established Member
a single downfiring 10in Fosgate power series sub....more than this truck really needs
DF3.jpg

DF4.jpg

Kryo's box design is by far my favorite and closest to my taste. If I wasn't so hell-bent on putting two of those 10s instead of one, then I would try my best to have mine as similar to his as possible.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Kryo's box design is by far my favorite and closest to my taste. If I wasn't so hell-bent on putting two of those 10s instead of one, then I would try my best to have mine as similar to his as possible.

my box was designed by MMCustomworks brother, except mine was designed around a sealed enclosure while his is ported.
And I will flat out tell you that if you have a shop build you one...it will NOT be cheap at all. My guys here will not do another for anything less than a grand.
and to be honest this single 10 that I Have is more than is needed in this truck.
I could not imagine what two of these fosgate power series monsters would do in this truck.

MSUBlake827

Established Member
my box was designed by MMCustomworks brother, except mine was designed around a sealed enclosure while his is ported.
And I will flat out tell you that if you have a shop build you one...it will NOT be cheap at all. My guys here will not do another for anything less than a grand.
and to be honest this single 10 that I Have is more than is needed in this truck.
I could not imagine what two of these fosgate power series monsters would do in this truck.

Kryo, thanks for the info.

Steven designed that??? It doesn't surprise me at all now that I have seen a few pieces of his work in person. I recently purchased a dual instrument bezel pod from him and a surfboard pod that was made by him from another member. He is extremely helpful, and I can not wait to have the opportunity to incorporate more of his creativeness in my truck in the future.

I plan on building the box myself, and all of the ideas I have seen have greatly helped me in imagining what I want to do with my setup. I may not get it right the first time, but I am confident I can get it finished to my liking.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Kryo, thanks for the info.

Steven designed that??? It doesn't surprise me at all now that I have seen a few pieces of his work in person. I recently purchased a dual instrument bezel pod from him and a surfboard pod that was made by him from another member. He is extremely helpful, and I can not wait to have the opportunity to incorporate more of his creativeness in my truck in the future.

I plan on building the box myself, and all of the ideas I have seen have greatly helped me in imagining what I want to do with my setup. I may not get it right the first time, but I am confident I can get it finished to my liking.

Yeah Steve designed this bad boy...and i love it. Granted his original design was for a ported setup, i had to go back and figure out how to build it as a sealed system specific to the sub I am using, but its his design.
I also own the first radio bezel pod that Steve made :)

Users who are viewing this thread