Sturgis Mustang Rally

Janstang

Established Member
For those that don't know, this will be going on Aug. 29th-Sept. 2nd. Their website is Welcome to Sturgis Mustang Rally, if you need specifics on anything. The main reason I am posting this is for anyone interested in the drag racing portion of the rally. If you want to drag race and would prefer to run on slicks we are going to run a "Pro" class for guys with slicks, and everyone else will run in the "street" class on DOT tires. In the past it has been difficult to get a good field of cars with slicks to run our own class, so I'm trying to get the word out there. Any questions on this or anything related to the Mustang Rally feel free to post them up or PM me and I'll help in any way.:beer:

Black Sex

Established Member
I will be there again this year. I was parked by you lastyear I think. Is your car silver? I had the silver whippled 04 cobra with black FR500's lastyear. I didn't drag race lastyear because I was on street tires, and thats no fun on the track so I just did autocross.
My buddy is trailering his GHIG Boss so he is hauling some dragradials out there for me this year. Im autocrossing and drag racing this year. Maybe I'll see you out there.

Black Sex

Established Member
Thanks man.. Made some changes since last year, particularly for the drag racing stuff, so we'll see how she does.

I wasn't a fan of the track there but I will deffinetly say it's better than no track. Our track is over an hour away. :cryying:

Janstang

Established Member
Yeah, our next closest is almost 3 hours away, so we make do.. Traction is horrible at these street based events, due to the street tires tearing up the VHT they put down.

Users who are viewing this thread