Sturgis Mustang Rally

big dad

Established Member
Anybody on here attended the Sturgis Mustang Rally in late August through Labor Day?

JJackson515

Established Member
This is something that i would like to cross off my list. Is theft and vandalism and big as people say down there? I have been told do not bring a car unless you have an enclosed trailer

big dad

Established Member
I've done it three times.

This is something that i would like to cross off my list. Is theft and vandalism and big as people say down there? I have been told do not bring a car unless you have an enclosed trailer

Smooth, are you going this year and did you trailer your car?

JJackson, thanks to both of you for your replies. While I haven't heard of the theft concerns I'm not surprised. Are there any other things I should know? I'm going to trailer both Mustangs this year and plan on staying at the Downtown RV park in the trailer.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Smooth, are you going this year and did you trailer your car?

JJackson, thanks to both of you for your replies. While I haven't heard of the theft concerns I'm not surprised. Are there any other things I should know? I'm going to trailer both Mustangs this year and plan on staying at the Downtown RV park in the trailer.
I am not going this year. I always drove my car and always stayed at this hotel:

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/b...t-western-sturgis-inn/propertyCode.42016.html

Never had any problems with theft or vandalism.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Been out 5 years, never seen or heard of vandalism. Great show, they really put effort in to every aspect from the car show to the race events, poker run, and the banquet. Never been disappointed.
Gets bigger every year.

big dad

Established Member
I am going one way or another. Haven't decided on competing yet. One of these years I want to just go wander around without having a schedule to worry about.

That's great. hope we can meet up. Like I said I'll be staying at the Downtown RV Park, you'll know where I'm at there when you see the Haulmark stacker trailer, can't miss it, that's all I'll say. Have a safe trip.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
That's great. hope we can meet up. Like I said I'll be staying at the Downtown RV Park, you'll know where I'm at there when you see the Haulmark stacker trailer, can't miss it, that's all I'll say. Have a safe trip.
Sounds like a sweet setup! So I see a Terminator, what else you bringing?
I usually stay at the Days End campground. They have cabins and It's reasonable. But the price has gone up the past couple years. Busy enough its going to end up like the bike rally where they jack up the rates.

big dad

Established Member
I'm bringing my 86 GT, 19000 miles had it since new, original paint, interior, plus some performance mods. I've had the Cobra since new also, stealth mods and 2200 hundred miles.

Bought the 86 when I was a GM tech and the 03 when I was a Ford tech, lucky to get the 03, in came in under the radar so to speak. A guy ordered it in 02 but couldn't wait so he bought another one, funny thing is he lived not far from me as I found out later. Looking forward to meeting you.
Sounds like a sweet setup! So I see a Terminator, what else you bringing?
I usually stay at the Days End campground. They have cabins and It's reasonable. But the price has gone up the past couple years. Busy enough its going to end up like the bike rally where they jack up the rates.

Users who are viewing this thread