STUPIDLY fast cars: Blown Z06 -vs- Viper on the bottle

ReducedFat

THE PONTIFICATOR
Established Member
Here you go, kiddos. Not sure if it's a repost but even if it is, this video blew my mind. These have to two of the fastest street cars I've ever seen.

Without further ado:

Huffed Z06 -vs- Giggle Gas Viper

EDIT: I can only leave this up until about 9:30 pm pacific because of my assy hosting. If someone could pick it up after that, I'd much appreciate it.

Last edited:

jleews6

Established Member
Cool cars and a great vid but if you think they are that fast you need to come to Massachusets. I will get some incar vids of my friends Grand national this summer.It rides around all night like a stock GN but puts down over 1200 to the wheels.I have vids of him killing an 8 second Hayabusa but there on vhs.I wish there was a way to post them.:shrug:

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Originally posted by jleews6
Cool cars and a great vid but if you think they are that fast you need to come to Massachusets. I will get some incar vids of my friends Grand national this summer.It rides around all night like a stock GN but puts down over 1200 to the wheels.I have vids of him killing an 8 second Hayabusa but there on vhs.I wish there was a way to post them.:shrug:

Terence's car is a sick ass machine :rockon: stupid fast!!

Dave

ForceFed7

Established Member
Originally posted by jleews6

Sounds like the kind of GN i ran into with my Viper back in summer 2002. I was at Lebanon Valley Speedway in Lebanon, NY. (Near the MA border) I was doing a saturday T&T with the Viper. It was the first and only time at the track with the car and it only had 1200 miles on it. The Viper was bone stock right down to the Michelin Pilots. Well all day i had been practicing my launch and on my final pass of the day, i line up with a very clean and VERY stock looking GN riding on Nitto 555Rs (shitty tire IMO).

Well we stage, i ride the clutch at about 1100-1200RPM for the first 50 feet or so, let the clutch out completely and go WOT. I score my best 60' of the day. I had a .507 reaction to the GN's .770 reaction (.500 tree) so it looked like i holeshotted him. By the time i was closing in on the 1/8th the GN was about 2-3 cars ahead of me, then at the 1/8th it grew to about 4-5 cars, and by the time we crossed the traps he had what literally felt like a football field over me. I come back around and grab my slip: Here's what i remember:
.507 RT
1.82 60' on stock Michelin Pilots! Best damn 60 foot i have ever had on street tires
660' can't remember
1000' can't remember
1320 ET 11.78
1320 MPH 122

Then i look at the other half of the slip. Fuggin GN goes 10.00@146mph :eek:

So i pull up to the weigh station to document my weight for that run and the GN owner slowly pulls up behind me. After i weigh i get out and walk over to him to congratulate him on a beautiful car. Here's how the conversation goes:
Me: "Wow, you're car looks so stock"
Him: "Thanks, you did damn well for a Viper. Most of the ones i see here only run mid 12s. What do you have done?"
Me: "Nothing. It only has 1200 miles on it. It's not even broke in."
Him: "I see."
Me: "Man, your car is so stock looking. That's just not even right! (jokingly)"
Him: "Yeah, tell me about it. I usually run 9.70-9.80s. I forgot to turn the AC off."
Me: "............................................................................"

I couldn't believe it. :lol:

jleews6

Established Member
forcefed 7 cool story. Congrats on the viper I wanted to buy a used one when I got my cobra but they were just a little out of range for me but i will have one some day.

That was a fast GN but my friends runs in the 8s @ almost 160.:eek: and other than the black pearl paint and the wheels it looks "kinda" stock.He also has an impala SS that looks stock and puts down a little over 600 to the wheels.Oh yea and then there is the Rentech SL 600 that make's 550.

He is a mad man.:beer:

ForceFed7

Established Member
Seriously though, i get a nervous twitch now whenever a GN comes around. I won't ever mess with another GN again. I went back to the track again the following weekend and there was literally between 15-20 GNs there and they all looked nearly stock save for the IC peeking through the front grill and DRs. I think they were running pretty much low 9's to low 11s. If i come up on a GN on the street, i won't even THINK about running. They are like a box of chocolates. You never know whats inside...

jleews6

Established Member
forcefed7 That is so true.The last GN my wife had ran 12.0s and looked and sounded stock.They are a great car for the money.Not a viper but still a nice car.

JNY XXX

If the video is the one with the Jaws music, then it's about 2 minutes too long - time wasted on a mild burnout by the Vette and watching the Vette slowly follow the Viper around some back streets. (BTW, I'm still using dial-up, so you can understand why I want the most out of the videos that I download. ;-))

Users who are viewing this thread