Stupidest Question ever...but

JCP281

Corner Carvin
Established Member
Ok, I just bought a 99 Cobra. It is awesome and I love it. However, I cnt for the life of me figure out the 2 buttons on the center console. The back one is certainly for the fogs lights. But I press the second button (furthest toward the shifter) and it doesnt do anything. Iv pressed it and pressed it and checked the lights and inside and I cant figure out what it does. It has the same fog light emblem on both buttons so.....

Please help me keep my sanity lol. I checked the manual and it doesnt say much. I feel stupid for asking, but maybe the switch is just broken.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
My '01 L-R: Rear Window Defrost, Traction Control, Fog Lights

TrBlZnQl.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
The 99 has a different console set up than the 01. Can you post a pic? The only other button I can think of would be for the convertible top.

JCP281

Corner Carvin
Established Member
The 99 has a different console set up than the 01. Can you post a pic? The only other button I can think of would be for the convertible top.

That was my thought as well, but its not a vert. This isnt my car, but those are the 2 buttons in question(this picture is of a vert though...so I guess it defeats the purpose of the pic). I honestly think one of the buttons was added because I have seen other pictures of 99 cobras with a coin slot in the back buttons position. Ill get a pic in the morning. My working fog light button is the one nearest to the console.

1999_00037_05.jpg

Last edited:

mr99svtcobra

Established Member
Oops I should have read more ... Yea there should be a coin slot there that is aftermarket button

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Oops I should have read more ... Yea there should be a coin slot there that is aftermarket button

This .... NAWWWZZZZZZ baby .... that is what that switch is for ...

or

it might be to turn the fog lights on without having to run the headlights

JCP281

Corner Carvin
Established Member
Line lock may be possible, good suggestion.

heres a pic of whats in my car. The lit up button is the one working the fog lights. The other button has no power to it and doesnt light up.

20150807_095147_zpsxngv5keg.jpg

And heres the outside of the car, just to show how clean a find it was. 69k on the clock. Id have a hard time beliving that someone put a line lock on it only because the only mod on it is a catback. Its not even lowered. but you never know.

20150806_133412_zpscizxd5qz.jpg

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pop the button off and see if it's wired.

JCP281

Corner Carvin
Established Member
But that would make to much sense. Why would I want to do that? lol

Previous owner just sent me a text on it. It was part of a radar detector system. So looks like ill just use it as an axillary button. I just couldnt figure out if I was crazy or not and that button actually had a purpose. HA.

Thanks for the help.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm impressed they used a stock style button to keep it clean. About that line lock...... :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread