Stupid Ricer!

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
It starts when I go to get lunch, I pull into the Subwayparking lot. Some "Ricer" is laying under some '91 or so 240SX. He hears me rev and apparently starts talking crap to his buddy sitting in some crappy Accord. They start going on about how somebody needs to show that guy something with some real power. I hear them and asked them what they were going to show me. The joker in the Accord says not to take him lightly, he's "turbo". I replied with "so...". No signs of Turbo stock sized exhaust with coffee can tip. No intercooler or blow-off valves. So Mr. 240 proceeds to pretend like he's cool now and starts trying to tell me how I can open my ride up. Like I need mufflers, what a dork, then his "girl" chimed in to tell me how I need an X-pipe. Apparently my stock exhaust on my '98 isn't loud enough for the import scene. He proceeded to ask if I had a auto or a stick in it. Cause his old gt had an auto, and he loves mustangs. What is up with ignorant people? Is it me or is it common knowledge that Cobras have V-8s and manual transmissions? All the markings of a Cobra why wouldn't I have what they have. How can you be a gearhead and not know these things? Needless to say neither wanted to run, so I didn't get to play on my lunch break.

CaliSS2001

Established Member
Dont worry man not all ricers are homo's, 90% of the crew drives imports and have tons of respect for us, but I'm sure as you know we Muscle Car guys are known for huge ego's.

Redtop1980

Cobra Freak
Established Member
Don't get me wrong if an import is tuned well it will give my stock Cobra a run for its money. I like all fast cars, but these were real beaters, just crap on wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread