Stupid !@#$%^ rear seat wont come out!!!

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Flat blade screw driver. Slide it into the lock and push. There is one on each side. The seat will pop loose then you can pull it out.

It's really kind of tricky to do if you've never done it before. Just keep playing with it, you'll get it.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Pull real hard and put your whole weight on it. If you hear some cracks and snaps, ignore it.. just a few broken pieces but no big deal.

j/k

:D

More info? Coupe or Convertible?

19984V

Established Member
Pull real hard and put your whole weight on it. If you hear some cracks and snaps, ignore it.. just a few broken pieces but no big deal.

j/k

:D

More info? Coupe or Convertible?

I like this idea.

I tried the screwdriver and im hitting the latch, where is the "button" on it, front back? sides? i cant see it nor have i ever done it

Its a coupe

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
It's in the center. If you slide the screw driver along the outside edge of the seats until you hit the lock, then pull it back just a little bit maintaining pressure against the lock, you'll find the front of it. There's a small tab there. Push in on it and it will unlock.

It may help to pull up on the seat a bit as you do this.

Last edited:

Iso

Sounds fast
Established Member
the button is on the front side of the latch, i have always used the male connector of the seat belt to push it in with, no sharp edges to damage anything with, and is almost the same size as the button.

Users who are viewing this thread