STUPID QUESTION

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
My factory tires (comp t/a) are nearly bald. Would I get more hook up on my launches since they are more like drag radials or slicks once they are balder??:shrug:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I thought that also before, but I was told the opposite and I do believe it. Try doing a rolling start when floor it, it should brake-em loose when you hit second or even before since they are so bald. If ya remeber that feeling and how much they brake loose, and you went out and got new rubber it wouldn't be the same it would hook-up much better. I've been there.:rolling:

GTJim

Established Member
The theory is correct, by having more contact patch to launch, but unfortunately the rubber compound of street tires is just too hard, so it won't grip the pavement very well.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by GTJim
The theory is correct, by having more contact patch to launch, but unfortunately the rubber compound of street tires is just too hard, so it won't grip the pavement very well.

Exactly and to compound it further when street tires get bald the rubber close to the threads is usally a lot harder.

pichon244

Banned
BRO . . .

Factory tires are factory tires! Cheap and serve the purpose only for about 15,000-30,000 miles. If you want your car to track-----use drag radials----or BFGoodrich's G-force KD tires!! Unbelievable traction in dry weather. A step lower from race car tires-----my 01 Cobra absolutely loves them.

Users who are viewing this thread