stupid peoples questions!!!!!!

vnms96

Established Member
let me ask all the sn-95 cobra owners, do you ever get stupid questions from the majority of the people who ask you bout your car? the number one for me is this, is that cobra supercharged? i mean come on the 03/04 cobras came supercharged thats it. unless you count the 1980 cobra which was a turbo charged 4cyl! useless post i know, i was just curious:poke:

kush97

Established Member
lol oh yeah I hear it all the time when I drive mine. When I was in high school too some kids thought that as well it's a cobra man its supercharged haha.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I know that a lot of people don't know these cars like we do but I get bothered when people ask me if it's an auto or stick...

vnms96

Established Member
yea i know what you mean. but it happens all the time. my other most common question is how much did you pay for your chamilion paint job? i tell em its a mystic cobra and that its stock, and 9 times out of 10 they come back with no way thats not stock!

bestbuy654

J-E-T-S
Established Member
I get these questions alot. I once had someone try to convice me my car had a supercharger on it. I have also gotten the "auto/stick" question, "is it a v6 or v8" and "does it come stock with dual exhaust".
When I was running an o/r x (you guys know how it smells) some guy told me that I needed my carburetor fixed. :bash:

Last edited:

SpittingCobra

Established Member
I have heard the supercharger question only once.
The most common one for me is, "Is it a real SVT Cobra"
I just laugh and say, "no it's a V6, I just stuck the emblems on and put 335's on back to intimidate people. Wanna race me in your Honda?"

vnms96

Established Member
ok here's another, has anybody else raced someone spanked their ass, only to have them tell you that they lost because your supercharged, then watch their jaw drop when you tell them your n/a.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
biggest question i seem to get is have you modded it...and then they always follow with YOU WOULD BE SO STUPIDFAST IF YOU DID!

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
biggest question i seem to get is have you modded it...and then they always follow with YOU WOULD BE SO STUPIDFAST IF YOU DID!

I like to argue with those people. I tell them I prefer the hp/mpg combo I have now, and any mods would upset the balance.

97cobra1

Established Member
I get the stick/auto question every single time someone looks at my car. Half the people i've talked to about it tell me they just assume it's fake until i pop the hood and they see the cobra on the upper intake, so i only hear the "is it real?" question every so often. I'm lucky enough to never have to really deal with the v6/v8 thing. A few times, but not enough to remember a specific time.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
When I use to drive my car people would ask me some retarded stuff...
Mostly stuff like..."Dude can that beat a "03" One day, I shit you not a guy pulled up next to me and asked me if it was one of those "New Cobras" I said "What a Gt500" he said said "yeah" I said "Ummm no this is a '98"

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I get asked if it is fake since I have 'Mustang' on the front. I tell them..."Yea I spend all this money on cobra brakes, transmission, interior, exterior, engine, but I couldn't afford a cobra bumper."

vnms96

Established Member
if people only knew how dumb they make themselves look. but hey at least its good for a laugh when you drive away

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I find myself giving vague answers more often because of the dumb founded looks on peoples faces when you start gear head talk..

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Am I the only person here that doesnt expect people to know everything about cobras?

I dont want to start anything but some of you seem to act like d-bags when some one asks a simple question.

I get asked often if its real or not, and I tell them it is, and fill them in on some basic facts. I dont expect the average 'non-ethusiast' person to know anything about the car really, since at a glance the car looks similar to any other mustang of the same body style.

What I do hate is when people come at me insisting they know something about the car that I clearly know is not true, even after I try to correct them.

But if its simple like 'is it real' or 'is it auto or stick' or 'is it supercharged' or questions along those lines, I just answer without being a d*ck about it.

I get asked a bunch of times, but its not like its common knowledge, so I dont give them any heat about it.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
I always get this from girls mostly.......(them)"what year is it?"........(me)"it's a 96 Cobra'" (them)"No it's not, i has to be newer"......(them)"what's a Cobra? like a Mustang GT?".....(me)"yeah just like the GT except this one comes with snakes, wann'a see one?" .....(them)"eeewwwwwww". That always cracks me up!

Last edited:

Crazy Ray

Established Member
Am I the only person here that doesnt expect people to know everything about cobras?

I dont want to start anything but some of you seem to act like d-bags when some one asks a simple question.

I get asked often if its real or not, and I tell them it is, and fill them in on some basic facts. I dont expect the average 'non-ethusiast' person to know anything about the car really, since at a glance the car looks similar to any other mustang of the same body style.

What I do hate is when people come at me insisting they know something about the car that I clearly know is not true, even after I try to correct them.

But if its simple like 'is it real' or 'is it auto or stick' or 'is it supercharged' or questions along those lines, I just answer without being a d*ck about it.

I get asked a bunch of times, but its not like its common knowledge, so I dont give them any heat about it.

Thank You. I like when people ask me questions about my car. Enlighten them about the Cobras. Be proud that you owen somthing that others don't have.

Users who are viewing this thread