stupid glass question

Big_Torch

Banned
What do you guys use to clean the windshield and windows, every damn time i wash the car it streaks, any tips, or products?

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Stoner Invisible Glass Use it with a MF towel after you wash and dress your trim. It will remove streaks, and anything that makes your windows or mirror look hazy. I really love it , ALso becasue it is available locally!

steed76

Established Member
the Stoner products are great! Also a mixture of 10:1 vinegar and water and newspaper is freaking unbelievable!! with no streaks.. thats what i use. :beer:

LT Mig

I had the same problem. I went to a glass shop to fix a chip and they sold the stuff they use - SRP - Foaming Glass Cleaner. Best stuff I've ever used. The number on the can says 18007281817. I think it was 4.50 for a 19 OZ can.

Scott P

Established Member
Eagle One 20/20 or Stoner's Invisible glass with a dedicated microfiber towel works for me on interior glass. On the exterior glass, I just use Quik Shine.

whitecobra98

Established Member
I find that the windshield has too be extremely cool, or no matter what u use, it will streak, at least a little bit. Just like paint. I save those for last when I do a detail. Followed up by Invisible Glass.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
The best solution is STONERS “ I.G ‘ with any type of MF. Best stuff on the market for glass cleaning. I never thought something that is available locally could work so dame GOOD!

LT Mig

MAXX RS4 said:
Explain this newspaper thing to me..?

Forget about the ink, it has to do with the paper. Newspaper is not real absorbant, so you can smear around the cleaner. Newspaper also leaves nothing behind. Use a paper towel on your windows and you'll see little pieces of the paper left behind (or even a towel for that matter), but not so with newspaper. But don't use colored ink, not sure why, but I think it bleeds.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Newspaper does not lint and it does not leave streaks because its so dry it doesnt add any moisture to the cleaner. The way I do it is 3 sprays for the windshield, 1 for sidewindows and 3 for the rear window. Use 1 sheet of newspaper for the windshield and rear window each. 1 sheet for the sidewindows, and the cleaner left on the used paper is good enough to get any other glass on the car i.e mirrors, pillar glass, gauge covers.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
m198power said:
I had the same problem. I went to a glass shop to fix a chip and they sold the stuff they use - SRP - Foaming Glass Cleaner. Best stuff I've ever used. The number on the can says 18007281817. I think it was 4.50 for a 19 OZ can.

Same stuff here. I picked up some at a local tint shop for like 5 dollars...it also does wonders on factory chromies.

steed76

Established Member
m198power said:
Forget about the ink, it has to do with the paper. Newspaper is not real absorbant, so you can smear around the cleaner. Newspaper also leaves nothing behind. Use a paper towel on your windows and you'll see little pieces of the paper left behind (or even a towel for that matter), but not so with newspaper. But don't use colored ink, not sure why, but I think it bleeds.

actually the vinegar neutralizes the ink in the newspaper and won't bleed. in turn the 2 mixed together will get down intothe natural pitts and crevices in the glass. :thumbsup:

LT Mig

steed76 said:
actually the vinegar neutralizes the ink in the newspaper and won't bleed. in turn the 2 mixed together will get down intothe natural pitts and crevices in the glass. :thumbsup:

news to me, good deal

Users who are viewing this thread