Stupid F*&@*%G Car!!!!

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Here's my side of the story.... LOL as if the car can tell her side!!
Im a little long winded...
Took the car out last night Softball game, Fox Sports Grill (sucks), bar(1/2 block from home), then home.. Keep in mind I have put 256 miles on the new motor, since we solved the heating/cooling issue...So we thought!
While I'm driving to the game at 8pm I'm on and off it never above 5k rpm's a) speed limit B) Not inspected yet Cops etc...
Get there no problem car ran like a champ... never even thought about going past normal on the Temp gauge. Play the game, kick some ass yaadaadaaa
Head to Fox Sports Grill, Shitty service blah blah we leave.... I left my CC at the bar (forgot to close my Tab DUMB@$$ ME). I do not realize this till im at the bar 1/2 a block from home.. Well I call the place to reassure myself they have my CC.. Get in the car and with a little more pep in my foot I drive consistently at or about 3 - 3.5 k rpm's the entire way there.. Pull up to the bar which is about 10 min's away. Heater is smelling like antifreeze ( Check the Gauge I'm at a little under (3/4) I freak.. Kill the car go in and drink some water kill about 20-30 min's come back out, Pop the hood no over flow, no steam, oil is clean, No natural Spring in the Res I mean do a good little check... Get in the car Drive it back to bar B (1/2 a block from home). The entire drive home I have the heater Cranked at high, Smells Strongly like Antifreeze... So I get there kill the car pop the hood everything looks normal... Leave the bar at 130 am... Put put home Low Res Light is ON!!
What the HELL..... I park the car in the garage say ill check it in the morning..TOSS and Turn all night Dreaming of the worst possible case....Wake up go out Check the Res... Its 3/4 empty, getting scared... GO straight to the dip stick... CLEAN AS COULD BE.. So I pop the crossover plug... I'm low.. So I get the Antifreeze Jug... Put 1/4 of a gallon in and 1/4 gallon in of water = 1/2 gallon All res/crossover/heater core hose are over flowing. Plug the Res and heater core hose Fill at the crossover and plug her up and let her idle..... 35 min's she reaches Normal Temp, I burp the car.. and let her idle, No problems...
My question is.... What the hell is wrong with my car LOL
I do not like the strong smell of antifreeze im getting with the heater on...Is this normal. Is it a sign of a bad Heater core She did sit for 1 yr ..
Let me hear your suggestion and thoughts

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
You don't just lose 1/4 of your coolant without there being a hole in the system somewhere. Based on your previous threads and this thread I think I would start looking at the heater core. If it sat for a year it is possible that it corroded and has developed a leak.

01vert

Established Member
sounds like an air bubble and a new core is needed, never should smell of antifreeze.

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Alright Just checkin the Mass's ..... Thing about the Air Pocket.. Is I have put 196 miles on the car with not Heating issues. Till I used the heater last night...
Im going to pull the carpet on passenger side... and Check for any kind of fluid.....I agree with ya on the heater core...

mm theres no puddles... but doesnt mean there wasnt last night...At the bar...

Last edited:

Mach0ne351

Established Member
check the heatercore hoses aswell....the seal might went bye bye after sitting around for so long. they are located on the passenger side firewall, behind the fuel regulator......

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is it easy to bypass the heater on these cars? That would tell you if it's the heater core causing the loss in coolant.

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
LOL.... Well i Actually pulled both hoses, and reattached them... That was my first thought.... I guess i just need to investigate even more....

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Well I pulled the carpet up on the passenger side.. NOT a drop of coolant/water....
I checked everything again, Shes not leaking... I took her for a drive 15miles

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Well I pulled the carpet up on the passenger side.. NOT a drop of coolant/water....
I checked everything again, Shes not leaking... I took her for a drive 15miles and she didnt heat up stayed at Via the Computer Temp Gauge DEGC101 and dropped to DECG099.... Does this make since..I cranked the heater on, High faint smell of Antifreeze then NOTHING..... Im baffled... I havent bypassed the Core yet, cuz i want to see if it will leak.. I put some paper towls under the carpet to see if i can find some traces of coolant... I also parked over some cardboard so that the engine bay is over it, so i can search for leaking fluids....

I just want to :xpl: and :burn: the car

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread