Stupid cupholder!!!

Hollywoood

Protected by GLOCK...
Established Member
That pop-out cupholder in my dash decided to stop working today.....:bash:
To those that have replaced it, how much of the dash has to come apart to do so??
Thanks!!:rolling:

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
pull the cup holder all the way out and there should be a flat black tab on the top back a lil ways, push down with a flat head screw driver and the whole assembly should pull out. what usually brakes is the bent silver piece that acts as the spring, most people glue the spring back on but i screwed it back on with a 1/4'' wood screw and all is good for two years

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
Be careful as for some unknown reason, on my other L the wiring for the light in the cup holder somehow got between the little rod that locks the cup holder in/out and it would only come out an inch or so. I think I removed the radio bezel and somehow was able to move the wire just enough to work it out. :shrug:HOW IN THE HELL THE WIRE GOT TO WHERE IT WAS IS BEYOND ME. But, it's done and fixed and sold.

Hollywoood

Protected by GLOCK...
Established Member
Thanks for all the help!!:beer: The spring had fallen off the back of it. I re-attached with a couple small screws, and replaced the burned out light bulb while I was there...... It's good as new now!!:rockon:

qurtrn10

Established Member
Thanks for this thread! My spring broke before I bought the truck, and I had no idea how to fix it - I almost ordered a new cupholder assembly! I love this forum! :banana:

The only thing left to fix for me is the damn plastic crap coming off the interior door handles!

qurtrn10

Established Member
I had some time, so I fixed the cupholder on mine today. In case anyone's interested, I took a few pics of the cupholder spring assembly:
DSC_0306.gif

DSC_0307.gif

Thanks again for the info!

William

Hollywoood

Protected by GLOCK...
Established Member
I'm glad I posted this up, seems that our connecting rods arent the only poorly engineered piece in our trucks!!;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread