Stuffing the 6.8 V10 in a 99 Cobra

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE

The 5.4 32V motor will fit in a 99+ Cobra. Remember the 2000 Cobra R!

Well here in NC I've had the pleasure of spanking a few of these guys in LS1's in my plain little GT. I suggest you call Sean Hyland and ask him about the 5.4 stroker block that is made from a 4.6. They were getting close to 500 RWHP from that one on motor.

Some needed info.
99 TA with FULL exhaust,Z06 intake,MAF,TB, SLP cam, and valve train upgrade. 356 RWHP after a dyno tune.
I can quote the stroker specs if you need them too. Don't believe the hype man. Alot of these guys have modded LS1's claiming they are stock. Some will spray a small 50-75 shot of nitrous through the MAF and claim it is stock.

Show me an LS1 that can handle 14 PSI on stock block and internals. You can't find one since the compression is so high (10.5 : 1) Let's not forget the fact that the 4V heads flow nearly 300 cfm from the factory. Face it, the 4v head design was madw for boost reguardless of what car it is in. ZR1 or Cobra or whatever. Look at it this way. You can add boost cheaper and easier than pulling the entire motor out and trying to fit a V-10 in. Not to mention you always have the option of adding more boost, whereas if you want "all motor" your stuck with your setup until you can get back to the machine shop.

I know the enemy well. I know their tricks. I know their secrets. I know their weaknesses. Maybe it's just the squid in me, but I find a way.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by SweetSVT99
If you want to road race it, it's a bad idea to put an engine that big in it. Doing that will hurt the weight distribution badly and the car won't handle nearly as well.
yeah youll be like 70% front and 30% rear talk about lousey launching, guess you could always convert to front wheel drive, but I dont think there is a front wheel drive tranny that could take that abuse........ pplus mounting that engine sideways could pose some interesting problems.........

Users who are viewing this thread