Stuff going down in Tampa right now.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
So far it seems a Sgt and a K-9 have been killed, possibly the K-9 handler (unclear at the moment). Federal officer in surgery. Shooter still not in custody, but hopefully won't be breathing for long. Shooter is Hydra Lacy Jr, POS brother of boxer Jeff Lacy. Hopethey fill this guy with enough holes to avoid any trial.

Officers investigating officer-involved shooting in St. Petersburg - St. Petersburg Times

Radio show, Bubba the Love Sponge (local to St Pete) has had much better info than the news.

RIP to the officers.

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
On the radio the total maybe up to 3 or more now. Listening to it now. I'm north of where its happening at and waiting to see if they get the suspect or not.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I also heard bits on the radio, very sad to hear :nonono: thoughts and prayers to the officers and their families RIP

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Hope he gets carried out in a black zippered bag. Rip to the brothers in blue and prayers to the families.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Officer Survival/Safety

1/20/11: Three police Officers shot (2 killed) during warrant in Miami, suspect killed.

1/23/11: Four police officers shot in Detroit (all survived) when gunman opened fire with shotgun in Precinct.

1/23/11: Two Deputies shot in Washington State (all survived) while attempting to stop suspicious suspect.

TODAY:

1/24/11: One officer shot in Lincoln City Oregon (critical) during car stop, suspect being sought.

1/24/11: Two St Petersburg Officers and One US Marshal shot during warrant (officers status unknown) suspect barricaded

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Heard about this from Bubba this morning while rolling through the stations.

2 Officers were killed and a Marshal wounded. K9 officer also killed.

The radio link has gone silent. Heard something about a backup channel and then silence..

quikcobra

Established Member
I waslisening to it this morning whilecleaning a engine for my truck. That was around 10am. They rammed his houseand shots went off. Then they said the police were backing off. Its terrible this is still going on 4 hrs later..

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Officer Survival/Safety

1/20/11: Three police Officers shot (2 killed) during warrant in Miami, suspect killed.

1/23/11: Four police officers shot in Detroit (all survived) when gunman opened fire with shotgun in Precinct.

1/23/11: Two Deputies shot in Washington State (all survived) while attempting to stop suspicious suspect.

TODAY:

1/24/11: One officer shot in Lincoln City Oregon (critical) during car stop, suspect being sought.

1/24/11: Two St Petersburg Officers and One US Marshal shot during warrant (officers status unknown) suspect barricaded

Both Florida situations involved the US Marshal Warrant Task Force and local officers getting killed.

This is just scary and sad.

God Bless and God Speed.

mustangsally1

Established Member
We just had a car show and raised almost 8,000.00 for the last 2 officers in Tampa. That really sucks. I do not like hearing stuff like this, I have a good cop friend. Hope that person or people involved do go out in body bags. R.I.P too all of those cops.

Users who are viewing this thread